DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replace Dyson Plug (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/81-replace-dyson-plug.html)

Ade Smith July 4th 03 02:31 PM

Replace Dyson Plug

The flex near the plug has failed on the wifes (!!) dyson resulting in an
intermittant connection (and a small spark)

Normally, I would just cut the plug off and fit a new one, but SWMBO insists
on retaining the yellow rubber plug! Does anyone know where I can get a
retro fit yellow rubberised plug to "suit" the dyson?

Thanks

MrCheerful July 4th 03 03:03 PM

Replace Dyson Plug

Ade Smith wrote:
The flex near the plug has failed on the wifes (!!) dyson resulting
in an intermittant connection (and a small spark)

Normally, I would just cut the plug off and fit a new one, but SWMBO
insists on retaining the yellow rubber plug! Does anyone know where

can get a retro fit yellow rubberised plug to "suit" the dyson?

Thanks

IIRC the dyson web site has the lead complete with plug, otherwise
paint it!
I suggest that you get a new lead as the dyson flex usually breaks
near the machine, so yours is probably not long for this world.

MrCheerful

Andrew McKay July 4th 03 05:23 PM

Replace Dyson Plug

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:31:15 +0100, "Ade Smith"
wrote:

Normally, I would just cut the plug off and fit a new one, but SWMBO insists
on retaining the yellow rubber plug! Does anyone know where I can get a
retro fit yellow rubberised plug to "suit" the dyson?

If my SWMBO provided me with that particular instruction I think I'd
be looking for a new wife!

There's house proud and there's house proud..... ;)

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk