DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wireless light switches (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/78673-wireless-light-switches.html)

Simon Pawson November 25th 04 10:39 AM

Wireless light switches

Hi,

I would like to switch two light circuits from two locations and would
like switches that look as near to conventional UK light switches as
possible. If possible a two gang switch rather than two separate ones. I
don't want to chase cables up the hall/landing walls. The loads may be
compact fluorescent or GU10 mains halogen or GU10 LED depending on my
eventual setup.

I have some x10 at the moment.

I've seen www.wireaway.co.uk which looks like it does what I want but
they don't respond to my emails regarding whether it will work with
LEDs. The wireaway system also boast an 'out whilst you are in' function
but I can't find any details on their web site and they haven't replied
to my email. This would be very useful.

Any ideas anyone? There are some x10 ones but they don't look like
normal light switches.

Thanks,

Simon

--
Simon Pawson

Dave Plowman (News) November 25th 04 01:08 PM

In article ,
Simon Pawson wrote:
I've seen www.wireaway.co.uk which looks like it does what I want but
they don't respond to my emails regarding whether it will work with
LEDs.

Think mains LEDs may be treated as incandescent as far as switching loads
are concerned.

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Ian Stirling November 25th 04 03:22 PM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Simon Pawson wrote:
I've seen www.wireaway.co.uk which looks like it does what I want but
they don't respond to my emails regarding whether it will work with
LEDs.

Think mains LEDs may be treated as incandescent as far as switching loads
are concerned.

I think you mean fluorescant.

nog November 27th 04 05:06 PM

On 25 Nov 2004 15:22:06 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Simon Pawson wrote:
I've seen www.wireaway.co.uk which looks like it does what I want but
they don't respond to my emails regarding whether it will work with
LEDs.

Think mains LEDs may be treated as incandescent as far as switching loads
are concerned.

I think you mean fluorescant.

Or maybe fluorescent? ;-)

Ian Stirling November 27th 04 09:44 PM

nog wrote:
On 25 Nov 2004 15:22:06 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Simon Pawson wrote:
I've seen www.wireaway.co.uk which looks like it does what I want but
they don't respond to my emails regarding whether it will work with
LEDs.

Think mains LEDs may be treated as incandescent as far as switching loads
are concerned.

I think you mean fluorescant.

Or maybe fluorescent? ;-)

I tend to be concentrating so hard on not spelling the start of the
word 'flour' that I forget about the rest.