Colin Wilson

Default dumb quickie Q - lockshields

Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow
anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Lobster

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message

Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow
anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Yes!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Colin Wilson wrote:
Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow
anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Same as a standard tap.

--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Phil Addison

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:19:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Colin Wilson wrote:
Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow
anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Same as a standard tap.

Take a look at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html first.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me
mike ring

Colin Wilson wrote in news:MPG.1bf5d91f78f7c8098a9e8
@news.individual.net:

Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow
anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Yes

It's also worth remembering that they only control the flow over about
1-1/2 or 2 turns max.

After this yrear's refurbishment I found my index rad - the one with the
highest temperature drop with all valves wide open, left the lockshield on
that wide open and screwed all the others down to one turn.

Got me damn close to right in one hit - after last years agonising, and
forgetting to leave that index rad valve wide open, I'd do it this way
every time.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

mike