DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How many coats of oil should you put on a new solid wood worktop? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/75595-how-many-coats-oil-should-you-put-new-solid-wood-worktop.html)

DIY Novice November 2nd 04 01:44 PM

How many coats of oil should you put on a new solid wood worktop?

We've just installed one in our new kitchen. We put 2 coats on before
the appliances and sink were fitted. It's a Junckers worktop and we
used Junckers oil. The kitchen fitter thought 2 coats was sufficient.
I don't want to add any more coats if not neccessary as I want to keep
the colour as light as possible.
Any ideas?
How frequently should we re-oil the worktop?

Anna Kettle November 2nd 04 03:15 PM

Once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a
year, once a year for life

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

The Natural Philosopher November 3rd 04 11:57 AM

Anna Kettle wrote:

Once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a
year, once a year for life

Thought that was sex after marriage, Anna :-)