DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soil fall angle (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/75593-soil-fall-angle.html)

Mark Begbie November 2nd 04 01:35 PM

Soil fall angle

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a
blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a
generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which
makes sense]. Also, soil piping seems to come with either 2.5 degree
or 22.5 degree branch adaptors. What are the regs / practice? Is it
2.5 degrees for plastic and 22.5 for iron?

Thanks,

Mark

in2minds November 2nd 04 02:00 PM

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a
blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a
generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which
makes sense].

I looked this up the other day and found reference to it being from 1:40
to 1:80

LJ

Jonathan Pearson November 2nd 04 02:14 PM

in2minds wrote:

I looked this up the other day and found reference to it being from
1:40 to 1:80

The figures 18 - 90mm fall per metre run come to mind - going down to 9mm if
you have more than 1 bog connected?, which going back to the original
question means that 22.5 deg is too steep

Jon

John Rumm November 2nd 04 02:19 PM

Mark Begbie wrote:

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a
blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a
generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which
makes sense]. Also, soil piping seems to come with either 2.5 degree
or 22.5 degree branch adaptors. What are the regs / practice? Is it
2.5 degrees for plastic and 22.5 for iron?

IIRC building regs say the fall should be between 18 and 90mm per meter.

Have a look at approved document H:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...eg_600283.hcsp

--
Cheers,

John.

Set Square November 2nd 04 02:30 PM

John Rumm wrote:

IIRC building regs say the fall should be between 18 and 90mm per
meter.

That's between 1 and 5 degrees in real money!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Rick Dipper November 2nd 04 03:42 PM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:00:39 -0000, "in2minds" wrote:

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a
blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a
generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which
makes sense].

I looked this up the other day and found reference to it being from 1:40
to 1:80

LJ

Thats is, if its too steep the water runs away, and the solids have no
water to travel with.

1 in 0 (vertical) is also allowed.

Rick

The Natural Philosopher November 3rd 04 11:58 AM

in2minds wrote:

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a
blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a
generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which
makes sense].

I looked this up the other day and found reference to it being from 1:40
to 1:80

I had 1:60 to 1:110 s being in te range for outside work.

I'd say that 1:60 lies within all our estimates,so should be adopted.

LJ

The Natural Philosopher November 3rd 04 12:00 PM

Set Square wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

IIRC building regs say the fall should be between 18 and 90mm per
meter.

That's between 1 and 5 degrees in real money!

or 1:11 to 1:50 in ratios