Monkey Brains

Default Planning Permission To Move Front Door

Hi Guys

I am just about to start an extension and have planning permission etc
granted.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I need to move the front door on the
new part of the extension to the left about 500mm. This will place it
off centre in the extended part.

I have been trying to get hold of the planning Officer today to ask
him whether I need his permission to do so, but he has been in
meetings all day and the receptionist was not being very helpful

As this is such an excellent group, I was wondering what the general
concensus is?! I realise that what the Planning Officer says will be
the final word, but wanted someone to help me relax as i am a bit
worried that they will want plans resubmitted etc etc etc.

My house is not protected and I am not in a conservation area.

What do you think??

Thanks

Chris
Peter Crosland

probably not but you really would be best to wait in case there is some
peculiar reason that would prevent it being acceptable.

--
gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers

Set Square

Monkey Brains wrote:

[...]

I did something something similar with my extension, when I decided to put a
french window in a position shown on the plans as an ordinary window, and
vice versa - after the plans had been passed. When I spoke to the Planning
Officer, he advised me to submit an amendment - simply by writing a letter
and sending 2 copies (rather than the original 5 or whatever it was) of any
drawings which had changed. I received a reply confirming that the amendment
was acceptable - with no extra fees. AIUI, this is at the discretion of the
Planning Officer who has to make a decision whether an amendment is minor -
and can be dealt with in this way - or is significant, and needs the whole
lot to be re-submitted, and a new lot of fees to be paid.

I would imagine your door move could be treated as a minor amendment - but
you will need to get it approved one way or another, otherwise what you are
building won't match the approved plans.
--
Cheers,
Set Square