DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What's a combination saw? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/75114-whats-combination-saw.html)

Paper2002AD October 29th 04 08:22 PM

What's a combination saw?

Focus are selling a 'combination saw' reduced to £15. Looks a bit like a
router - what does it do?

Rob Morley October 30th 04 05:48 AM

In article ,
"Paper2002AD" says...
Focus are selling a 'combination saw' reduced to £15. Looks a bit like a
router - what does it do?

A combination saw has a blade that can be used for both ripping and
crosscut. It doesn't look like a router.

mike November 7th 04 03:45 PM

(Paper2002AD) wrote in message ...
Focus are selling a 'combination saw' reduced to £15. Looks a bit like a
router - what does it do?

Excellent for laminate trimming (with a laminate trimming router bit),
although you can cut socket holes in plasterboard too. If you have a
look at

http://www.rotozip.com/

you'll find some more uses.

HTH

Paper2002AD November 7th 04 07:40 PM

(Paper2002AD) wrote in message
Focus are selling a 'combination saw' reduced to £15. Looks a bit like a
router - what does it do?

Excellent for laminate trimming (with a laminate trimming router bit),
although you can cut socket holes in plasterboard too. If you have a
look at

http://www.rotozip.com/

you'll find some more uses.

HTH

Thanks for that - my original post should have read 'combi saw', but it is the
same type of tool, and still at Focus for £15

Andrew McKay November 9th 04 04:58 PM

On 07 Nov 2004 19:40:29 GMT, (Paper2002AD) wrote:

Thanks for that - my original post should have read 'combi saw', but it is the
same type of tool, and still at Focus for £15

I bought a Homebase version of that tool last year. Frigging dangerous
is the best way of describing it!

The one I have has a single handle which you can swivel to a position.
But don't use that as the sole means of using the tool 'cos it can
develop a life of its own.

I was probably holding it wrong or something, but I haven't been in
any rush to find another use for it.

Andrew

--

If you need help with those general DIY projects
you can give me a call. More information about

http://www.handymac.co.uk