DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/75051-approximate-cost-rewiring-3bed-detached-house.html)

Telboy Smith October 29th 04 09:14 AM

Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Hi,
I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of
string!
However all I’m after is a ballpark figure …just an average cost for
this type of property.
The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing “fancy” to
consider …just sockets & lights.

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew Gabriel October 29th 04 09:35 AM

In article lgate.org,
"Telboy Smith" writes:
Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Hi,
I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of
string!
However all I’m after is a ballpark figure …just an average cost for
this type of property.
The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing “fancy” to
consider …just sockets & lights.

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Ric October 29th 04 09:55 AM

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article lgate.org,
"Telboy Smith" writes:
Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Hi,
I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of
string!
However all I'm after is a ballpark figure .just an average cost for
this type of property.
The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing "fancy" to
consider .just sockets & lights.

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

Inflation can be a wild thing these days - you can never be too sure.

--
Andrew Gabriel

:::Jerry:::: October 29th 04 10:30 AM

"Telboy Smith" writes:
Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

snip

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

Inflation can be a wild thing these days - you can never be too sure.

It's 2004 not 1974 !....

Dave Plowman (News) October 29th 04 12:51 PM

In article ,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

Inflation can be a wild thing these days - you can never be too sure.

It's 2004 not 1974 !....

Perhaps he wants it wired in lead?

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

The Natural Philosopher October 29th 04 02:12 PM

Telboy Smith wrote:

Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Hi,
I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of
string!
However all I’m after is a ballpark figure …just an average cost for
this type of property.
The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing “fancy” to
consider …just sockets & lights.

Thanks for any advice.

three to five grand I'd say. Depending on just how many sockets etc. you
install. Each socket takes time to chip in, time to lay wires to and
time to wire up.

Most electricians seem to work on costs per pont plus cost per circuit
plus cost per consumer unit plus cost per house if its a solid brick
******* and a kanga is indicated...

Telboy Smith October 29th 04 03:41 PM

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

Sorry for the double question, I didn't think the first one had worked
as it took for ever to show up.
I posted it again & then they both showed up, A bit like the bus service
aroung here!

Cheers.