DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Danfoss automatic motorised diverter control valve (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/74896-danfoss-automatic-motorised-diverter-control-valve.html)

roy atherton October 27th 04 09:47 PM

Danfoss automatic motorised diverter control valve

The family has noticed major interference on the TV when watching digital
channels at certain times when the central heating boiler is on. By trial
and error, I have discovered that the diverter valve is making a ticking
noise when both the central heating and hot water are on. This ticking (Hope
it is not sparking) is causing the interference, and it does not occur with
just heating or just water heating.
I could get by, adjusting the hot water timer to times when the heat is not
on - but should I be getting it replaced?
Is the replacement just an electric motor which I could replace myself, or
are the motor and the valve integral, so I will need a plumber to drain the
system and do a full replacement?

raden October 27th 04 11:00 PM

In message , roy atherton
writes
The family has noticed major interference on the TV when watching digital
channels at certain times when the central heating boiler is on. By trial
and error, I have discovered that the diverter valve is making a ticking
noise when both the central heating and hot water are on. This ticking (Hope
it is not sparking) is causing the interference, and it does not occur with
just heating or just water heating.
I could get by, adjusting the hot water timer to times when the heat is not
on - but should I be getting it replaced?
Is the replacement just an electric motor which I could replace myself, or
are the motor and the valve integral, so I will need a plumber to drain the
system and do a full replacement?

It sounds more like a faulty microswitch in the actuator head

You can buy the heads separately, or if you're feeling adventurous,
replace the (probably) middle microswitch which will prolly cost under
£2
--
geoff

Rory October 28th 04 11:10 AM

raden wrote:

You can buy the heads separately, or if you're feeling adventurous,
replace the (probably) middle microswitch which will prolly cost under £2

Do you know where the microswitched are obtainable from? I replaced a 2
port Danfoss valve recently because the switch was faulty (it had fallen
apart inside - maybe the OP has the same problem). I've bought several
synchron motors but can't find a source for the switch (it has a long arm).

raden October 28th 04 08:41 PM

In message , Rory
writes
raden wrote:

You can buy the heads separately, or if you're feeling adventurous,
replace the (probably) middle microswitch which will prolly cost under £2

Do you know where the microswitched are obtainable from? I replaced a
2 port Danfoss valve recently because the switch was faulty (it had
fallen apart inside - maybe the OP has the same problem). I've bought
several synchron motors but can't find a source for the switch (it has
a long arm).

RS, Maplin, all the other usual outlets.

If you can't find one with the exact same arm as you require, you should
be able to change the arm over from one to the other.

--
geoff