DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Landing Passage Wallpaper or Paint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/74420-landing-passage-wallpaper-paint.html)

Mo Thanku October 24th 04 12:11 PM

Landing Passage Wallpaper or Paint

Hi All,
Can I have some feedback please,

We have big landing Passage area, it was wallpaper before now I taken
the wall paper off and was wondering will it better to

a) Wallpaper it up again

b) Skim Plaster it and just paint over it.

Now with option (b) the good thing is we can change colour as often as
we like and be easy to redo it in future too, with wall papering it is
going to be one big job again.

I am sorry I known it is down to personal tastes but I be very
grateful for any feedback.

Thank you all

Rick Dipper October 24th 04 01:08 PM

On 24 Oct 2004 04:11:35 -0700, (Mo Thanku)
wrote:

Hi All,
Can I have some feedback please,

We have big landing Passage area, it was wallpaper before now I taken
the wall paper off and was wondering will it better to

a) Wallpaper it up again

b) Skim Plaster it and just paint over it.

Now with option (b) the good thing is we can change colour as often as
we like and be easy to redo it in future too, with wall papering it is
going to be one big job again.

I am sorry I known it is down to personal tastes but I be very
grateful for any feedback.

Thank you all

If you have one like mine, with loads of doors, and very little wall
space, then I suggest paint. Mine is wallpapered, it took for ever to
do (little fiddly bits) and the pattern is lost.

However the plasterer will charge as its all fiddly bits .......

Rick

Owain October 24th 04 02:25 PM

"Mo Thanku" wrote
| We have big landing Passage area, it was wallpaper before now
| I taken the wall paper off and was wondering will it better to
| a) Wallpaper it up again
| b) Skim Plaster it and just paint over it.
| Now with option (b) the good thing is we can change colour as
| often as we like and be easy to redo it in future too, with
| wall papering it is going to be one big job again.

c) textured wallpaper that can be painted over several times, and peels off
leaving a backing for repapering.

Owain

Mo Thanku October 24th 04 06:55 PM

"Owain" wrote in message ...
"Mo Thanku" wrote
| We have big landing Passage area, it was wallpaper before now
| I taken the wall paper off and was wondering will it better to
| a) Wallpaper it up again
| b) Skim Plaster it and just paint over it.
| Now with option (b) the good thing is we can change colour as
| often as we like and be easy to redo it in future too, with
| wall papering it is going to be one big job again.

c) textured wallpaper that can be painted over several times, and peels off
leaving a backing for repapering.

Owain

If I go for the texture wallpapper that be an expensive option at this
time, can I just paint it now and may be in few years time wallpaper
over the paint.
In simple term can I wallpapper over paint
Thanks

Owain October 24th 04 08:08 PM

"Mo Thanku" wrote
| | a) Wallpaper it up again
| | b) Skim Plaster it and just paint over it.
| c) textured wallpaper that can be painted over several
| times, and peels off leaving a backing for repapering.
| If I go for the texture wallpapper that be an expensive option
| at this time, can I just paint it now and may be in few years
| time wallpaper over the paint.
| In simple term can I wallpapper over paint

Yes, provided the paint is in reasonable condition (not peeling off).

Owain