DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Taps from USA (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/7425-taps-usa.html)

dharmin March 29th 04 02:18 AM

Taps from USA

Hi

If I buy Bath & Basin Taps from USA , can I use in UK ?, Will the taps
fit the UK piping system.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Regards
Dahrmin

John March 29th 04 07:30 AM

Taps from USA

Buy Faucets!

I like the way they aerate the water. Is this what appeals to you?

--

Regards

John

"dharmin" wrote in message
m...
Hi

If I buy Bath & Basin Taps from USA , can I use in UK ?, Will the taps
fit the UK piping system.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Regards
Dahrmin

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Christian McArdle March 29th 04 10:23 AM

Taps from USA

If I buy Bath & Basin Taps from USA , can I use in UK ?, Will the taps
fit the UK piping system.

I don't know, but if I was buying them and didn't get a satisfactory answer
from someone who did know, I'd also buy some tap connectors and a short
length of imperial pipe to go with them. You can definitely get
imperial/metric conversion stuff back here. OTOH, you might find they use BS
tap connectors anyway. Perhaps you could take some UK ones over with you to
check when you get there.

Christian.

John Schmitt March 29th 04 11:46 AM

Taps from USA

On 28 Mar 2004 17:18:56 -0800, (dharmin) wrote:

If I buy Bath & Basin Taps from USA , can I use in UK ?, Will the taps
fit the UK piping system.

I am not sure about what water regs. say about hooking these up in the UK, but almost
certainly, the US taps will be NPT threaded. NPT is similar to BSP taper, but sufficiently
different to be incompatible. You can get a BSPt about 1 1/2 turns into NPT and then it stops.
Further force will strip one or both threads. The good news is that if you punt around
pneunatics/hydraulics suppliers, they can supply adapters relatively cheaply. 1/2 to 1/2 comes in at
about a fiver each here, I have not shopped around.

http://www.airlines-pneumatics.co.uk...ctCode=S010131

Once you are based on BSP, it is easy. Swagelok can probably do a NPT to 15mm olive adapter, but they
tend to be dear, if excellently engineered.

John Schmitt