Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Brownie

Default Swopping Room Thermostat for Programmable type (Screwfix/Horstmman Centaur 7)

Hi,

I'd just like some help with rewiring a new programmable thermostat. I
think I know what to do but just wnat to be sure if possible.

Presently I have a standard Honeywell (T40) T6360B - the large dial
electro-mechanical type. I am getting a Horstmann Centaur 7, that has been
recommended in the group before. Apparently it's quite common for
installers to use standard 3 core flex to wire up the original thermostat
and these electronic replacements only need two wires. Presently the
Honeywell is:
No wires to Earth terminal, 'the Earth wire' to terminal 2, the Neutral wire
to terminal 3 and the Live wire to terminal 1.

Any idea which goes to which terminal on the Horstmann? I'm led to believe
'the Neutral wire' now on terminal 2 is redundant and the 'Heat Call' wire
(Earth on the flex presently) is likely to be required along with Live
currently on terminal 1?

Hope somebody can make sense of that?

Adding a wireless room thermostat JH UK diy 14 January 5th 04 04:17 PM
Are room thermostats out of fashion? stuart noble UK diy 143 December 24th 03 01:19 AM
Room thermostat Mihai UK diy 2 November 5th 03 09:45 PM
Sunvic TLX6501 Programmable Room Thermostat David Hearn UK diy 2 October 28th 03 05:48 PM
HWCH : Thermostat for one room Frank Z UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:19 AM