DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to change a Dyson DC07 Post Motor Filter (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/73908-how-change-dyson-dc07-post-motor-filter.html)

Murdo October 20th 04 02:02 PM

How to change a Dyson DC07 Post Motor Filter

My Dyson DC07 isn't sucking the way it used to, despite replacing the
lifetime filter. I suspect that the post-motor filter is bunged up, but
would like to inspect it before I spend the £20+ for a replacement. Can
anyone tell me how to remove this filter? I can see where the filter is
under the dust cylinder, but I'm worried I might break something if I try to
lever it open.

Thanks,

Murdo

Andrew Gabriel October 20th 04 03:03 PM

In article ,
"Murdo" writes:
My Dyson DC07 isn't sucking the way it used to, despite replacing the
lifetime filter. I suspect that the post-motor filter is bunged up, but
would like to inspect it before I spend the £20+ for a replacement. Can
anyone tell me how to remove this filter? I can see where the filter is
under the dust cylinder, but I'm worried I might break something if I try to
lever it open.

On the DC04, there's a coin slot to lever the cover off.
From memory, I thought that part of the DC07 was pretty
similar, but don't have one in front of me to check.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Alan October 20th 04 03:22 PM

My Dyson DC07 isn't sucking the way it used to, despite replacing the

lifetime filter.

In Jim Royle voice "Lifetime filter, my arse!".

If it's anything like the DC08 there is a recessed small clip which allows
the cover to lift up.
To test for blocked filters etc you can run it with them removed and see if
suction improves.
You may have something stuck in one of the tubes somewhere restricting the
flow.
I found a pressure-washer to be a very effective tool for cleaning out the
dust collection bowl and plastic pipework into the cyclones above it.
(Removed from cleaner of course!)

Alan.

Murdo October 20th 04 04:52 PM

There is what looks like a coil slot, but it doesn't give easily, which is
why I'm worried about doing some damage if I press too hard.

Regards,

Murdo

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Murdo" writes:
My Dyson DC07 isn't sucking the way it used to, despite replacing the
lifetime filter. I suspect that the post-motor filter is bunged up, but
would like to inspect it before I spend the £20+ for a replacement. Can
anyone tell me how to remove this filter? I can see where the filter is
under the dust cylinder, but I'm worried I might break something if I

try to
lever it open.

On the DC04, there's a coin slot to lever the cover off.
From memory, I thought that part of the DC07 was pretty