DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Silica Gel (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/73891-silica-gel.html)

Bob Smith \(UK\) October 20th 04 09:10 AM

Silica Gel

Does anyone know a shop that sells sachets of silica gel, or a cheap thing
to buy that has a sachet in? (Argos 16-day-money-back-free-rental-scheme
comes to mind).

I only want one sachet, and know there must be some lurking around the
house, but cannot find one.

Bob

Rob Morley October 20th 04 02:37 PM

In article , ""Bob Smith
\(UK\)" " "Bob Smith \(UK\)" says...
Does anyone know a shop that sells sachets of silica gel, or a cheap thing
to buy that has a sachet in? (Argos 16-day-money-back-free-rental-scheme
comes to mind).

You could try asking in a camera shop.

Alan October 20th 04 08:18 PM

In message , "Bob Smith
(UK)" wrote
Does anyone know a shop that sells sachets of silica gel, or a cheap thing
to buy that has a sachet in? (Argos 16-day-money-back-free-rental-scheme
comes to mind).

I only want one sachet, and know there must be some lurking around the
house, but cannot find one.

Probably an overkill....

http://www.cpc.co.uk

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...CPC+Catalogue&
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=265705

or

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...CPC+Catalogue&
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=PY3085466

--
Alan

Bob Smith \(UK\) October 21st 04 09:51 AM

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , "Bob Smith
(UK)" wrote
Does anyone know a shop that sells sachets of silica gel, or a cheap

thing
to buy that has a sachet in? (Argos 16-day-money-back-free-rental-scheme
comes to mind).

I only want one sachet, and know there must be some lurking around the
house, but cannot find one.

Probably an overkill....

http://www.cpc.co.uk

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...CPC+Catalogue&
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=265705

or

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...CPC+Catalogue&
category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=PY3085466

Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using it to dry
out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then putting it back.

Bob

Tony Bryer October 21st 04 11:04 AM

In article , Bob Smith
(UK) wrote:
Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using
it to dry out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then
putting it back.

I've got a number of sachets saved from various things (there would be
a lot less clutter if I didn't save things that might be useful
someday) so if you need any more just email me.

N. Thornton October 21st 04 04:59 PM

Tony Bryer wrote in message ...
In article , Bob Smith
(UK) wrote:
Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using
it to dry out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then
putting it back.

I've got a number of sachets saved from various things (there would be
a lot less clutter if I didn't save things that might be useful
someday) so if you need any more just email me.

For future ref, you can also use lime. Its slower working but at 25kg
for £6 you cant complain!

raden October 21st 04 10:21 PM

In message , N.
Thornton writes
Tony Bryer wrote in message
In article , Bob Smith
(UK) wrote:
Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using
it to dry out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then
putting it back.

I've got a number of sachets saved from various things (there would be
a lot less clutter if I didn't save things that might be useful
someday) so if you need any more just email me.

For future ref, you can also use lime. Its slower working but at 25kg
for £6 you cant complain!

When CPC sell 250g bags for IIRC about a quid ?

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by
http://www.diyprojects.info

--
geoff

N. Thornton October 22nd 04 10:54 AM

raden wrote in message ...
In message , N.
Thornton writes
Tony Bryer wrote in message
In article , Bob Smith
(UK) wrote:
Found some thanks. Lurking in my box of router bits. Just using
it to dry out an indicator bulb lens unit I have re-sealed, then
putting it back.

I've got a number of sachets saved from various things (there would be
a lot less clutter if I didn't save things that might be useful
someday) so if you need any more just email me.

For future ref, you can also use lime. Its slower working but at 25kg
for £6 you cant complain!

When CPC sell 250g bags for IIRC about a quid ?

I'm surprised they dont charge more. Same game as ready mixed mortar:
a kilo or 2 for what, £3,4? Nearly as cheap to buy 25kg of the stuff.

NT