Dean Heighington

Default Parts for "Lifestyle" motorized valves - where?

I've tried googling but as with most engineering
component manufacturers, the name you see on
the part is usually completely unassociated with
the name of the company that produces it... in my
experiences anyway!!

My dad's CH and HW system uses "Lifestyle"
components who, according to the labels are based
in West Dreyton (Drayton?) in London.

I tried fixing the CH 2-port motorised valve last
week as, on inspection, it became obvious that
the 'plastic' manual override lever had lost a 'lug'
within the valve head. I was able to find the broken
bit and re-affix using superglue... with a word of
warning that "it might not last" I put all the covers
back on and fired up the system. This has worked
perfectly all week, but it seems that now the quick
fix has failed under normal use.

Any ideas where I can get replacement parts for
these things as it seems daft (and expensive) to
have to replace the whole head (or even the whole
valve, as is another of my experiences with engineering
companies)??

Thanks for any info leading to me finding another
needle in the preverbial haystack that is the web
as well as the occupation of home-maintenance!

dean.
raden

In message , Dean
Heighington writes
I've tried googling but as with most engineering
component manufacturers, the name you see on
the part is usually completely unassociated with
the name of the company that produces it... in my
experiences anyway!!

My dad's CH and HW system uses "Lifestyle"
components who, according to the labels are based
in West Dreyton (Drayton?) in London.

ACL Lifestyle ?

White bit in the middle of the head?

Just chucked a load out

--
geoff
Peter

This is now a product of Invensys Controls and I believe is made in their
Southway Drive factory in Plymouth, if indeed it is still made. The more
recent versions have a removable head so if yours is fixed spare parts might
not be available. There's no harm in asking though. 01752 737166.
"Dean Heighington" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Dean Heighington

raden wrote in message ...

Just chucked a load out

Ouch !
Dean Heighington

Thanks. Google did lead me to Invensys
but I was unsure as I couldn't see the model
on their pages (or family range).

It is an ACL Lifestyle valve and the heads are
removeable so there's a possibility that I may
be able to get the part.

As you write, there's no harm in asking.
Thanks again,

deano.

"Peter" wrote in message .. .
This is now a product of Invensys Controls and I believe is made in their
Southway Drive factory in Plymouth, if indeed it is still made. The more
recent versions have a removable head so if yours is fixed spare parts might
not be available. There's no harm in asking though. 01752 737166.

Christian McArdle

After taking my address, he said he'd pop one in the post and I'd
have it tomorrow! No charge!

An effective way of advertising too. I'm actually in the market for a zone
valve or two, so might buy a few. Given that prices are very similar between
brands, support is a good distinguishing feature.

Christian.