DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Extending a hallway, problems, problems... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/73339-re-extending-hallway-problems-problems.html)

Christian McArdle October 15th 04 04:14 PM

Extending a hallway, problems, problems...

Whaddayathink...?

Consider lining the porch with celotex/kingspan to reduce condensation. This
may or may not be practical. In particular, you could have issues if you
want the former porch space to be continuous with the hallway (unless you do
the hallway as well).

Chrisitian.

Set Square October 15th 04 05:40 PM

Denise Anne Richards wrote:

Hi all, hope someone can give an opinion or advice on this... in
any case it might be a good laugh for you. ;-)

Major Snip

Whaddayathink...?

I think I'd be most worried by the unidentified smell - in case it's
something nasty like dry rot in the floor timbers.

It might be a good idea to take up a few floor boards, and have a good
nose(!) around underneath - getting some expert advice, if necessary.
--
Cheers,
Set Square