DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New patio and DPC. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/73243-new-patio-dpc.html)

Harry October 14th 04 09:40 PM

New patio and DPC.

I'm currently getting quotes in for a new patio, and there seems to be
some varying opinions regarding the minimum height between the patio and
the DPC. I'd always assumed it must be roughly 2 bricks or 6", but I'm
being told by some that you can get away with less for older buildings
and more for newer buildings. Is this total B*****ks?

Peter

Hugo Nebula October 15th 04 12:24 AM

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:40:29 +0000 (UTC), a particular chimpanzee
named Harry randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I'm currently getting quotes in for a new patio, and there seems to be
some varying opinions regarding the minimum height between the patio and
the DPC. I'd always assumed it must be roughly 2 bricks or 6", but I'm
being told by some that you can get away with less for older buildings
and more for newer buildings. Is this total B*****ks?

Pretty much. The requirement is for at least 150mm (6" in old money),
but where it isn't, you shouldn't make the situation any worse. There
are options where the existing ground is less than 150mm below DPC
(such as a strip of gravel around the building), but these should only
be used to improve matters, not get around a worsening of the
situation.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants