DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Brick tiles? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/71504-brick-tiles.html)

andrewpreece September 29th 04 01:41 AM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 29 Sep 2004 16:11:19 -0700, (Confused) wrote:

I would like to source some tiles that have the appearence of brick. I
need about 4.5 sq m. An indication of price would also be helpful,
searched the web but without luck. Thanks in advance

I bought some of those a long while ago for a fireplace project which
never happened (at least not using them).

The problem was that when set out as they would appear, the size and
texture was wrong - too small, too smooth and looking too much the
same.

I slung them out in the end a few months ago.

One idea I might have tried, if I wanted to have something that looks
like real bricks on the face but without the depth, would be to cut
some real bricks on a diamond tile saw. It could be worth a try, but
could be long winded.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Wickes do them; they also do corner bricks.

Andy

Confused September 30th 04 12:11 AM

Brick tiles?

Ash September 30th 04 09:05 AM

"Confused" wrote in message
om...
I would like to source some tiles that have the appearence of brick. I
need about 4.5 sq m. An indication of price would also be helpful,
searched the web but without luck. Thanks in advance

When my company used to supply Tyrone Bricks from Northern Ireland, they
were able to supply brick slips, which were the same dimensions as a normal
brick, but only about 15mm thick. They were always special order (about 6 -
8 weeks delivery) and cost about £1.00 each (that was about 10 years ago).

Any clay brick manufacturer should be able to produce specials for you.

Ash

Confused September 30th 04 11:42 PM

many thanks for all the help. Popped ito Wicks in Lancaster and they
have just what we need.

N. Thornton October 2nd 04 06:17 PM

"Ash" wrote in message ...
"Confused" wrote in message
om...
I would like to source some tiles that have the appearence of brick. I
need about 4.5 sq m. An indication of price would also be helpful,
searched the web but without luck. Thanks in advance

When my company used to supply Tyrone Bricks from Northern Ireland, they
were able to supply brick slips, which were the same dimensions as a normal
brick, but only about 15mm thick. They were always special order (about 6 -
8 weeks delivery) and cost about £1.00 each (that was about 10 years ago).

Any clay brick manufacturer should be able to produce specials for you.

Ash

why are they always so expensive?