DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about certification of electrical works (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/71458-question-about-certification-electrical-works.html)

Dave September 29th 04 06:21 PM

Question about certification of electrical works

I'm thinking of doing my own wiring as part of the extension work that's
currently under way, I believe I'm competent (I've done similar stuff before
and I'm a Chartered electrical engineer) and it will be completed before
Jan/05.
The building inspector will be inspecting (surprisingly ;-) ) the building
work but will he/she be interested in the electrics?
What are the rules about certification of the work? Do I need to get someone
in to sign it off? if so, who?
Is there anything else I should know?

Dave S

Hugo Nebula September 29th 04 09:35 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:21:32 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
"Dave" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

The building inspector will be inspecting (surprisingly ;-) ) the building
work but will he/she be interested in the electrics?

If you're in England or Wales, and start the building work (and get
the first inspection) before 1st Jan 2005, then no.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants