DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water pressure (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/70548-water-pressure.html)

veronica brown September 19th 04 05:33 PM

Water pressure

Hello,

Yesterday I noticed that the water pressure in my combi-boiler was below 1,
so I let in some more water upto about 2.5. However, when I turned the
central heating on it went up to over 3 and it has stayed there. Can anyone
tell me, is this dangerous? Can I use the heating? Should I reduce it a
little by bleeding a radiator?

Thanks
Justin

Ed Sirett September 19th 04 09:26 PM

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:33:05 +0000, veronica brown wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday I noticed that the water pressure in my combi-boiler was below 1,
so I let in some more water upto about 2.5. However, when I turned the
central heating on it went up to over 3 and it has stayed there. Can anyone
tell me, is this dangerous? Can I use the heating? Should I reduce it a
little by bleeding a radiator?

See FAQ on Selaed CH below.
The pressure releif valve must be just on the point of opening.
Bleeding all radiators migth bring it down and letting some out a drain
point certainly will.
Look for about 1.5 bar max.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk