DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why would a developer delay completion? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6882-why-would-developer-delay-completion.html)

Mike Mitchell March 10th 04 11:15 AM

Why would a developer delay completion?

I have details of a new development on which the houses are finished,
yet the developer is stipulating (via the estate agent contact) that
completion will not be possible until or after 1st July. Why would
this be? Of course, I have asked the agent this question, but the
answer is still outstanding. I had it confirmed verbally that the
houses will remain empty and vacant until that date. Sounds strange,
doesn't it?

MM

Jerry. March 10th 04 12:35 PM

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
I have details of a new development on which the houses are finished,
yet the developer is stipulating (via the estate agent contact) that
completion will not be possible until or after 1st July. Why would
this be? Of course, I have asked the agent this question, but the
answer is still outstanding. I had it confirmed verbally that the
houses will remain empty and vacant until that date. Sounds strange,
doesn't it?

MM

Tax?

Surrounding infrastructure upgrading, ie. services etc. ?

Tony Bryer March 10th 04 12:38 PM

Why would a developer delay completion?

In article , Mike Mitchell
wrote:
I have details of a new development on which the houses are
finished, yet the developer is stipulating (via the estate agent
contact) that completion will not be possible until or after 1st
July.

It might just be for tax reasons or because there is some planning
condition that the houses may not be occupied until ... [highway
improvements, social facilities etc]

Mike Mitchell March 10th 04 12:55 PM

Why would a developer delay completion?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:38:09 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Mike Mitchell
wrote:
I have details of a new development on which the houses are
finished, yet the developer is stipulating (via the estate agent
contact) that completion will not be possible until or after 1st
July.

It might just be for tax reasons or because there is some planning
condition that the houses may not be occupied until ... [highway
improvements, social facilities etc]

Yes, I have just received further information, to whit: Completion
cannot take place until then for taxation reasons.

Doesn't sound quite so dodgy now!

MM

Richard Savage March 10th 04 08:03 PM

Mike Mitchell wrote:

I have details of a new development on which the houses are finished,
yet the developer is stipulating (via the estate agent contact) that
completion will not be possible until or after 1st July. Why would
this be? Of course, I have asked the agent this question, but the
answer is still outstanding. I had it confirmed verbally that the
houses will remain empty and vacant until that date. Sounds strange,
doesn't it?

MM

Day after end of financial year for the development company..