David Campbell

Default Very large wall tiles

Hi Everyone,

Was in B&Q Warehouse recently, and noticed they stock extremely large
(66cm x 33cm) white ceramic wall tiles. These appeal to me because
they'd require very little grouting for a given area of wall.

However, the catch is that they were selling them at about £50 per box
of 8 - more than £6 a tile!

In my experience B&Q put a quite obscene markup on a lot of their
stuff, so I wondered if someone else has come across these tiles from
a cheaper source?

Cheers,

Dave
BillR

David Campbell wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Was in B&Q Warehouse recently, and noticed they stock extremely large
(66cm x 33cm) white ceramic wall tiles. These appeal to me because
they'd require very little grouting for a given area of wall.

However, the catch is that they were selling them at about £50 per box
of 8 - more than £6 a tile!

In my experience B&Q put a quite obscene markup on a lot of their
stuff, so I wondered if someone else has come across these tiles from
a cheaper source?

Just a word of caution. In my experience, the larger the wall tile the more
difficult it can be to fix them if the wall is anything less than perfect.

David

Was in B&Q Warehouse recently, and noticed they stock extremely large
(66cm x 33cm) white ceramic wall tiles. These appeal to me because
they'd require very little grouting for a given area of wall.

Do be aware that not many tile cutters can cut a tile 66 cm long. Although
the diamond wet saw type can technically cut an infinite length. B&Q, Wickes
etc £39.95. A manual score and snap type will be expensive

You will need something like a Rubi TS-60 which can be seen on my web site
here www.tradetiler.com

This might put you off such a large tile

David

The Natural Philosopher

David Campbell wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Was in B&Q Warehouse recently, and noticed they stock extremely large
(66cm x 33cm) white ceramic wall tiles. These appeal to me because
they'd require very little grouting for a given area of wall.

However, the catch is that they were selling them at about £50 per box
of 8 - more than £6 a tile!

In my experience B&Q put a quite obscene markup on a lot of their
stuff, so I wondered if someone else has come across these tiles from
a cheaper source?

Cheers,

Dave

good tiles come in at between £15 and £100 a square meter and you would
get 4 1/2 of those to a square meter, which sounds like 27 squid a
square meter.

Nothing special in that price. I've seen far more expenisve than that.

Still on about cutting curves in tiles :-( Roger Mills UK diy 12 August 17th 03 10:43 AM
Strange marks on wall james Mc UK diy 2 August 1st 03 11:29 PM
Building an internal wall - brick or stud? steve UK diy 6 July 24th 03 09:40 AM
Fixing plasterboard straight onto a wall Chris Harris UK diy 3 July 10th 03 11:18 PM
How high can a garden wall between two houses be? M. Farlow UK diy 9 July 5th 03 04:49 PM