DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hot water Cast iron radiator (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/687195-hot-water-cast-iron-radiator.html)

George B[_2_] June 16th 21 02:03 AM

Hot water Cast iron radiator

Hi, I have a cast-iron radiator has 4inlets one on each side at the top and one on each side at the bottom.
What is the best way to bring my hot water in? At the top or at the bottom, and whats the best way to have the water exit out at the bottom or the top? Thank you

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-3126035-.htm

John Rumm June 16th 21 02:25 AM

On 16/06/2021 01:03, George B wrote:

Hi, I have a cast-iron radiator has 4inlets one on each side at the top
and one on each side at the bottom. What is the best way to bring my hot
water in? At the top or at the bottom, and whats the best way to have
the water exit out at the bottom or the top? Thank you

Same as any other panel rad really - the typical inlet at one side at
the bottom, outlet at the other side at the bottom, then a bleeding vent
and blanking plug for the other two connections will be fine.

Other arrangements with flow and return on opposite sides will be nearly
as good. Flow and return on the same side is usually the least good.
However it does depend on the shape of the rad a bit - it would matter
less on a tall narrow rad.

--
Cheers,

John.