Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

Wolffan wrote
Max Demian wrote
Wolffan wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these
days.

No you dont with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you havent encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the
side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

I suspect that youd be correct.

I also suspect that it would make zero difference.

Why are you one of the usual suspects ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y, alt.home.repair, alt.computer.workshop

On 2021 Jun 15, Rod Speed wrote
(in article ):

Wolffan wrote
Max Demian wrote
Wolffan wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these
days.

No you dont with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you havent encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the
side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

I suspect that youd be correct.

I also suspect that it would make zero difference.

Why are you one of the usual suspects ?

Are you Keyser Söze?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Deoderant advertises suicide?

On 06/15/2021 09:12 AM, Sam E wrote:
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill
instantly". Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that
method now you've told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker
saying don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running.
Maybe somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

https://www.raleighortho.com/blog/ur...ower-injuries/

Chuckie Schumer's 'retarded children' grow up to mow lawns and vote
Democratic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/15/2021 09:20 AM, notX wrote:
On 6/15/21 9:24 AM, Wolffan wrote:

[snip]

Obviously you havent encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the side.
(The same packets had a €˜Cholesterol-free label on them. Cholesterol is
an animal fat...)

Sometimes I've wondered how many people buy peanuts, with the
expectation there will be no nuts.

https://allergyfyi.org/peanut-and-tree-nut-allergies/

A person could have a tree nut allergy and not a peanut allergy.

I recently read where the frequency of peanut allergies is increasing.
The article concluded that mothers don't let kids eat peanuts for fear
they might be allergic which means the kid don't have an early exposure
and become desensitized.

Other sites blame it on the glyphosates and other herbicides/pesticides
used in modern peanut farming.

It's sad to think of a generation that can be killed by a pb&j sandwich.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/15/2021 04:07 PM, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/06/2021 15:24, Wolffan wrote:
On 2021 Jun15, Rod Speed wrote
(in article ):
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you dont with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you havent encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

As are cashews with the added bonus of being packaged in a shell
containing anacardic acid. That's a form of urushiol, the magic
ingredient of poison ivy.

I assume in the early history of South America tribal members that could
shell cashews without coming down with contact dermatitis were very popular.