Old June 15th 21, 07:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:38:49 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:11:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days..

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace that doesn't
have some kind of warning. Worst case is probably a ladder.

I was asked to go on a "ladder training course" at work. I just laughed and refused. When said safety officer saw me using a 3 part extended one many many feet up in the air, she covered her eyes and said "I didn't see that". I believe she used a swearword the time she found me not using a ladder because someone had borrowed it. I made a pyramid of 9, 4, 1 square desks to reach a high ceiling. It was actually quite stable and safer than a ladder. Jumping off the top caused a woman to scream.

Old June 15th 21, 07:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:48:50 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

Tap water doesn’t.

Does if it's polluted.

Neither do donuts.

Is fat a type of cancer? It's a huge growth....

If they're donuts in America and not doughnuts, do they make them with do?
Old June 15th 21, 07:37 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:18:05 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Have you ever used used a ladder?

Impossible not to when you build a house on bare block of land,
have an row of trees close to the house on the south side of the
house in the southern hemisphere with some of them more than
100' high now. In fact I have 5 of them, two extension ladders,
two 8' step ladders, one small step ladder I use for stacking up
the milk crates full of full sized glass beer bottles we call long necks.

Not one of them has any warning at all.

In the UK they have a huge (usually about 7 inches square) red sticker under the top platform, listing 10 different things you can do wrong.
Old June 15th 21, 07:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 03:57:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:

Old June 15th 21, 07:51 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 04:18:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."

Old June 15th 21, 07:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Then explain why my lemonade bottle says to cover cap with hand due to
dangerous high pressure container?

Even you should have noticed that that isnt everything.

It's not a ****ing scuba tank ffs.

Your hand doesn’t work with those.

Old June 15th 21, 08:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

Tap water doesn’t.

Does if it's polluted.

But doesn’t when it isnt.

Neither do donuts.

Is fat a type of cancer?

Nope.

It's a huge growth....

So is your beer gut.

If they're donuts in America and not doughnuts, do they make them with do?

Corse they do.

Old June 15th 21, 08:02 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:18:05 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Have you ever used used a ladder?

Impossible not to when you build a house on bare block of land,
have an row of trees close to the house on the south side of the
house in the southern hemisphere with some of them more than
100' high now. In fact I have 5 of them, two extension ladders,
two 8' step ladders, one small step ladder I use for stacking up
the milk crates full of full sized glass beer bottles we call long necks.

Not one of them has any warning at all.

In the UK they have a huge (usually about 7 inches square) red sticker
under the top platform, listing 10 different things you can do wrong.

No top platform on any of mine and we arent that stupid.

Never seen anything like that on a car either.

Old June 15th 21, 08:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Deoderant advertises suicide?

on 6/15/2021, Sam E supposed :
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now you've
told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker saying
don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running. Maybe
somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

I've seen stepladders with warnings about not using the top 'step' to
step on. I had a miniature working cannon with a warning sticker which
stated "Do not look into barrel of cannon while firing".

That last one is the one that really started me thinking about stupid
warnings on things.
Old June 15th 21, 08:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
on 6/15/2021, Sam E supposed :
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now
you've told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker saying
don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running. Maybe
somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

I've seen stepladders with warnings about not using the top 'step' to step
on. I had a miniature working cannon with a warning sticker which stated
"Do not look into barrel of cannon while firing".

That last one is the one that really started me thinking about stupid
warnings on things.

Our sharks and crocodiles have all been fitted with big signs
saying 'this animal can kill you' Waterproof signs of course.