Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best adhesive for timber to fibreglass

I'm soon to begib to repair some water ingress to out caravan, at the
front, which is a large fibreglass panel. With three wondow openings.
The window openings are framed with timber, which I assume is glued to
the inner face of the fibreglass.

I am expecting to have to replace much of the timber, what would be the
best adhesive to glue the timber frame to the fibreglass please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2021 21:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I'm soon to begib to repair some water ingress to out caravan, at the
front, which is a large fibreglass panel. With three wondow openings.
The window openings are framed with timber, which I assume is glued to
the inner face of the fibreglass.

I am expecting to have to replace much of the timber, what would be the
best adhesive to glue the timber frame to the fibreglass please?

Polyester resin as used for laying up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2021 21:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I'm soon to begib to repair some water ingress to out caravan, at the
front, which is a large fibreglass panel. With three wondow openings.
The window openings are framed with timber, which I assume is glued to
the inner face of the fibreglass.

I am expecting to have to replace much of the timber, what would be the
best adhesive to glue the timber frame to the fibreglass please?

polyester resin or a filled version of it - car body filler that needs a
catalyst typically

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.