Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:57:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On 14/06/2021 19:22, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:01:57 +0100, NY wrote:

Giving blood (as a donor or for a blood test) is more of a
problem because my veins seem to be either very deep or very fine:
sometimes
the nurse has to try a couple of times in different arms to manage to get
the tip of the needle *inside* the vein rather than into the wall - and
that's a comment on my veins, not their skill. The exception was a
qualified
blood donor doctor who attempted to insert the canula for me to give
my pint
(very nearly an armful) and caused me a lot of pain with her fumbling;
eventually a nurse tactfully suggested the doctor needed to attend to
another patient, and the nurse got the needle into a vein quickly and
painlessly. Put me off doctors who looked like Rosa Klebb, but not off
being
a blood donor ;-)

I've just been told that for kidney dialysis, they have to check your
veins are compatible!

I think they connect an artery to a vein to form a 'shunt' - the vein
balloons out so they have a big volume to connect the cannula. Sounds
horrible.

--
Max Demian
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:38:13 +0100, ~BD~
wrote:

In what kind of work are you engaged?

Yes, really annoying. Specially on Usenet.
Good example BD.

------------------------------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

87 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:51:04 +0100, Max Dumb, the REAL dumb, notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

I think

No, you don't, you demented troll-feeding senile ASSHOLE!
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Jun 14, 2021 at 12:57:57 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

When I was in the service, a lot of
shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen?
You would think every injection would be using those. The
person giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal
intra-muscular injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an
intra-venous injection (*) or withdrawal of a blood sample.

I've never tried either,

I have a blood sample most years as part of the regular checkup.

but I imagine the second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

Yeah, particularly with those with difficult veins. Mine are very
difficult inside my elbows, non straight and hard to get a needle
into according to one of those who appears to know what she
is doing. Some do get it first time every time but few manage
that and we don't see the same one that often so it isnt clear
how often the first time success is just luck. One did claim
that its skill and I usually say I am hard to get a blood sample
from every time they need to get one.

I am the same. When my wife and I go to get blood taken the people who do it
will ask which of us it is... and if it is her they give out a sigh of relief.
They hate getting my blood because my veins are thin and "wonder". It does
help to be very hydrated -- but my autonomic nervous system disorder tends to
lead to my body dehydrating itself some. That has improved with time and
things are not as bad now as they were 10 years ago.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used
to get a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Yeah, I have a couple of times have had them put a canella
in the back of my hand in case they needed to use it for that,
but no one has ever actually needed to use it.

One time he actually managed to do it without me actually
noticing while asking me some questions. I was amazed and
said that he was brilliant. He just grinned and appeared to
realise that he did that deliberately.

I have had them use the back of my hand a number of times. That is easier but
can be a bit more of a "pinch"... but as you found not always.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

No, it's like a GrayCo airless sprayer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/14/2021 01:29 PM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen?
You would think every injection would be using those. The person
giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal
intra-muscular injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous
injection (*) or withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either,
but I imagine the second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get
a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Note of caution... OR nurses suck at starting an IV. Three tried and
failed on me. The fourth was the charm. When I complimented her skill
she said she was a phlebotomist before moving to the OR staff.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 2021-06-14, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2021 01:29 PM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
[...]

If I get blood drawn at my doctor's office, it's hit or miss as my
veins are buried and my arms thin. I turn into a human pin cushion.

If I get blood drawn at the lab, Quest, they get it right every single
time.
When that's pretty much all you do all day long, you tend to get good
at it and they are.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:08:27 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Note of caution...

....endlessly gossiping wordy senile Yankietard around!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:05:24 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

No, it's like a GrayCo airless sprayer.

Is it, senile airhead? BG

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:29:59 +0100, NY posted for all of us to digest...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal intra-muscular
injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous injection (*) or
withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either, but I imagine the
second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get a
drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Once you have an IV started it goes in the injection port.

--
Tekkie