DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/687075-ot-deposits-pub-restaurant-tables.html)

ARW June 8th 21 07:30 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57384595

has reminded me about something that happened about 20 years ago.

The wife was offered a part time job as a waitress in a pub restaurant.

She was was also told what her uniform must look like and that she had
to supply her own uniform.

All went well until she turned up for work, on time, for her first shift
and was then told that she was no longer needed.

I used to be a ******* in those days.

For weeks I used to make fake booking on Friday and Saturday nights to
waste the pubs time and money.

I nearly got "rumbled" after several weeks. I booked a table for 20 and
the pub asked for a deposit. I [1] paid the deposit and 20 of us turned
up at the correct time for the booking. I [2] got the deposit back
whilst ordering drinks and then we all ****ed off out of the pub leaving
20 unpaid and undrunk drinks on the bar.

[1] My money but a mate went in and paid for it.
[2] Same mate from [1]

--
Adam

Chris Bacon[_2_] June 8th 21 08:40 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

ARW June 8th 21 08:59 PM

On 08/06/2021 20:40, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

So you have just recently been let out of prison?

--
Adam

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 8th 21 09:39 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endless OT
tit for tats:-(

--
Tim Lamb

ARW June 8th 21 10:10 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

On 08/06/2021 21:39, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Chris Bacon
writes
On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endlessÂ*Â* OT
tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

--
Adam

williamwright June 9th 21 02:13 AM

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endlessÂ*Â* OT
tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

I thought it was interesting anyway.

Bill

Richard[_10_] June 9th 21 06:11 AM

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endless
OT tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

I thought it was interesting anyway.

Bill

It *was* OT for DIY. OP had a gofer do the financial side.
Penance will be a new apprentice to break in.

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 9th 21 08:52 AM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

In message , williamwright
writes
On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God
for filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endless**
OT tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

I thought it was interesting anyway.

I'm curious to learn the next phase of the *tyre nail* war!

--
Tim Lamb

Scribbles June 9th 21 12:01 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

It *was* OT for DIY. OP had a gofer do the financial side.

Penance will be a new apprentice to break in.

ROTFLMAO

Scott[_17_] June 9th 21 12:51 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

Some years back I was down visiting someone who had a summer job in a bar in Dorset. The owner would take a busload to Paris every year - he spoke French and knew his way around. The bars around the area they were out in were notorious for overcharging tourists, but the thing is the way things work over there are that the waiter is self employed and pays back the cost of the drinks to the bar.

They walked into a bar, he organiser checked the price with the waiter, 40 of them sat down, drinks arrived, bill went down on the table, the organiser took one look at the bill told everybody to stop drinking, they all put their drinks down and left the bar - left the waiter to pay the bill.

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endless** OT
tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

My brother informs me:

'Some years back I was down visiting someone who had a summer job in a
bar in Dorset. The owner would take a busload to Paris every year - he
spoke French and knew his way around. The bars around the area they
were in were notorious for overcharging tourists, but the way things
work over there is that the waiter is self employed and pays back the
cost of the drinks to the bar.

'They walked into a bar, the organiser checked the price with the

Dave Plowman (News) June 9th 21 01:23 PM

OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

In article ,
ARW wrote:
[...]

When I read your posts I realise what a very dull life I've lead. ;-)

--
*The modem is the message *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Fredxx[_4_] June 9th 21 01:57 PM

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Lighten up, Chris. The rest of us are struggling to avoid endless
OT tit for tats:-(

The stupid **** is likely to block his own posts.

I thought it was interesting anyway.

Bill

+1 and had OT in the subject.

ARW June 9th 21 07:44 PM

On 09/06/2021 12:01, Scribbles wrote:

It *was* OT for DIY. OP had a gofer do the financial side.

Penance will be a new apprentice to break in.

ROTFLMAO

They can be useful at times.

I cannot think of any at the moment but I am sure they can be.

--
Adam

John Rumm June 11th 21 11:07 PM

On 08/06/2021 19:30, ARW wrote:
( 8 )

Since when did uk.d-i-y turn into a crapposting group? Thank God for
filters, plonk.

Seems a little harsh, still let's hope you don't need any electrical
advice huh?

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm June 11th 21 11:09 PM

On 09/06/2021 19:44, ARW wrote:
On 09/06/2021 12:01, Scribbles wrote:

It *was* OT for DIY. OP had a gofer do the financial side.

Penance will be a new apprentice to break in.

ROTFLMAO

They can be useful at times.

I cannot think of any at the moment but I am sure they can be.

What about that one that was worth his weight in scrap?

--
Cheers,

John.

ARW June 12th 21 07:45 PM

On 11/06/2021 23:09, John Rumm wrote:
On 09/06/2021 19:44, ARW wrote:
On 09/06/2021 12:01, Scribbles wrote:

It *was* OT for DIY. OP had a gofer do the financial side.
Penance will be a new apprentice to break in.

ROTFLMAO

They can be useful at times.

I cannot think of any at the moment but I am sure they can be.

What about that one that was worth his weight in scrap?

He is now a farrier.

--
Adam