Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cordless Impact Drill

I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my Cordless impact drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006.
Any help appreciated.
R Lefley
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 11:54:14 AM UTC+1, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my Cordless impact drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006.
Any help appreciated.
R Lefley

I am afraid this is the problem buying no name equipment, when things go tits up finding spares or someone to repair them is often impossible. Thats the reason they are so cheap, no backup, you should regard them as throw away when they go wrong. You may if your lucky able to re-cell the battery but even that is fraught with issues.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roy Lefley wrote:

I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my Cordless impact drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006.
Any help appreciated.

Aliexpress seems to be your only choice as an equivalent for Ferm
CDA6009 24v battery, I think?

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32955142500.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

this is the problem buying no name equipment

It's ferm/powercraft

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/documents/CDM6026%20Ma-UK%20%200405-25.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 12:58:13 PM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

this is the problem buying no name equipment

It's ferm/powercraft

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/documents/CDM6026%20Ma-UK%20%200405-25.pdf

Apologies, mixed it up with those Power-something tools B&Q used to sell cheap, once something broke you were knackered.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated.

Do you want a spare battery - or would your original fixed do as well?
Several firms will re-cell any battery. But may cost as much or more than
a new one - if you can buy them.

--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 03/06/2021 14:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for myÂ* Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

It's annoying to throw away a perfectly good drill, but is it realistic
to spend say £30-40 on a new Ni-Cd battery or re-celling the old one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
On 03/06/2021 14:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for myÂ* Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

It's annoying to throw away a perfectly good drill, but is it realistic
to spend say £30-40 on a new Ni-Cd battery or re-celling the old one?

I bought some re-celled ones on eBay. I doubt I could have re-celled one
for same price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 15:31, Fredxx wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
On 03/06/2021 14:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for myÂ* Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

It's annoying to throw away a perfectly good drill, but is it
realistic to spend say £30-40 on a new Ni-Cd battery or re-celling the
old one?

I bought some re-celled ones on eBay. I doubt I could have re-celled one
for same price.

or with the same (lack of) quality of cells probably... :-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
On 03/06/2021 14:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for myÂ* Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

It's annoying to throw away a perfectly good drill, but is it
realistic to spend say £30-40 on a new Ni-Cd battery or re-celling
the old one?

I bought some re-celled ones on eBay. I doubt I could have re-celled
one for same price.

or with the same (lack of) quality of cells probably... :-)

My experience may not be typical.

I have bought some cells to re-celled a couple of batteries and I've
bought re-celled ones. The faff is one thing, but the bought re-celled
batteries are still going strong, whereas I was disappointed with my own
attempt.

YMMV
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
[...]

Indeed, and it waa a slightly tongue in cheek response. The recelled
onea might be good - but it can be hard to know in advance.

My experience with "compatible" and recelled packs I tried, was that
while initially ok they did not have the same life as the OEM Makita
ones. Same applies to the one I recelled myself - at a price where it
was worth doing the performance was not good enough.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
[...]

There were some pretty weird deals available, and I doubt that you could
have recelled more cheaply. For example Makita 4ah for £22 (now, sadly,
no longer available).

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gen...ps2199-3606756

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 03/06/2021 21:05, GB wrote:

There were some pretty weird deals available, and I doubt that you could
have recelled more cheaply. For example Makita 4ah for £22 (now, sadly,
no longer available).

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gen...ps2199-3606756

This claims to be 5ah. Maybe worth a punt for £18?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement.../dp/B08V1597ZK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
My experience with "compatible" and recelled packs I tried, was that
while initially ok they did not have the same life as the OEM Makita
ones. Same applies to the one I recelled myself - at a price where it
was worth doing the performance was not good enough.

Ni-Cads seemed to vary enormously in quality. With a drill, the ability to
deliver enough current. Does the same apply to Li-Ion?

--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
My experience with "compatible" and recelled packs I tried, was that
while initially ok they did not have the same life as the OEM Makita
ones. Same applies to the one I recelled myself - at a price where it
was worth doing the performance was not good enough.

Ni-Cads seemed to vary enormously in quality. With a drill, the ability to
deliver enough current. Does the same apply to Li-Ion?

Based on the tests I have seen, yup. There is also the difficulty that
even the well known makers of cells produce varieties with very
different max current outputs, so you need to choose something matched
to the cell characteristics of the OEM battery.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

This claims to be 5ah. Maybe worth a punt for £18?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement.../dp/B08V1597ZK

£18 is well below my "too cheap to be worthwhile" level

https://www.ecatoolfast.com/makita-18v-5-0ah-battery-bl1850zdc.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It could be brand engineered as some are where they are made by a well known
company. If that is the case its often a line discontinued by that company
and the new kit does not fit the old, though often its just a subtle little
change to stop you buying el cheapo batteries for the new model.
I've noticed this often in rechargeable radios etc, where the plug on the
battery pack is physically different but the battery electrically is the
same. They don't want you to fix them, just throw them and buy another. Bah
humbug.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please