Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: How to attract cows

On 11/06/2021 15:30, Spike wrote:
On 11/06/2021 14:25, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 15:15:16 UTC+1, Spike wrote:
On 11/06/2021 10:00, T i m wrote:

The other big difference is that they have to get down and dirty,
killing their prey with the tools they were born with, not a lump of
lead fired at them with no way to defend themselves from hundreds of
meters away or a trap, spear, arrow or blade (and I know a very few
animals can do similar, like the archer fish, it's still using it's
own mouth).

What are you complaining about?

Both groups (animals and humans) are using the tools they were born
with. As far as animals are concerned, that's tooth and claw. With
humans, it's their brainpower.

Get over it, that's why we're at the top of the food chain.

Not forgetting we are the only species capable of destroying our own planet
that's evolution ;-)

That's brain power for you!

No, I can assure T i m that many other species are capable of destroying
the planet. Plants in fact did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:45:41 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 19:33:24 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

We popped out in the car yesterday (to pick up some cable) and on the
way back, wondered if Burger King were doing their 'Rebel Whopper'
again so we went though the drive through. (It came out just before
the lockdown but was stopped because they (like many other places)
they went to a 'restricted menu'). ;-(

They weren't, but were doing what appears to be the same thing but
just under the name of 'Plant Based Whopper', so we gave them a go.

It seemed to be the same (very nice) as when we bought it as before,
but neither of us were sure if it was actually meat (as in dead
animals) or not? ;-(

Well plant based means plants, not animals. What on earth confused you?

We made it very clear to the lady though the hole in the wall that we
wanted the vegan offering and the wrapping said 'Plant-Based Whopper'
and even indicated that they had held the mayo (we weren't sure if it
wasn't vegan as it wasn't previously (turns out it now is)).

https://www.burgerking.co.uk/menu/pi...f-ff6939aabba5

This was around lunchtime and it was quite a size with the fries and
so I just had a peanut butter [1] and cucumber sandwich for tea.

Cheers, T i m

[1] That isn't 'butter' as in the stuff made from cows milk and the
use of that description never seemed to bother any carnists or
confused anyone re it's content (unlike alternative 'milks'').

Peanut butter. Not confusing re it's content.
Oat Milk. Confusing as to it's content (apparently)?

Weetabix (warning contains wheat). Coeliacs aren't thick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 10:00, T i m wrote:

The other big difference is that they have to get down and dirty,
killing their prey with the tools they were born with, not a lump of
lead fired at them with no way to defend themselves from hundreds of
meters away or a trap, spear, arrow or blade (and I know a very few
animals can do similar, like the archer fish, it's still using it's
own mouth).

What are you complaining about?

Both groups (animals and humans) are using the tools they were born
with. As far as animals are concerned, that's tooth and claw. With
humans, it's their brainpower.

Get over it, that's why we're at the top of the food chain.

Not forgetting we are the only species capable of destroying our own
planet

Even we cant do that.

that's evolution ;-)

Fraid not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 05:00:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

We popped out in the car yesterday (to pick up some cable) and on the
way back, wondered if Burger King were doing their 'Rebel Whopper'
again so we went though the drive through. (It came out just before
the lockdown but was stopped because they (like many other places)
they went to a 'restricted menu'). ;-(

They weren't, but were doing what appears to be the same thing but
just under the name of 'Plant Based Whopper', so we gave them a go.

It seemed to be the same (very nice) as when we bought it as before,
but neither of us were sure if it was actually meat (as in dead
animals) or not? ;-(

Well plant based means plants, not animals.

I know.

What on earth confused you?

Ah, you have never heard of horse being served up as beef or monkfish
/ whatever being sold as cod? My point is it tasted (and had the
texture) very much like a meat pattie (as I remember it) and if you
were looking for a direct meat experience as possible (in a burger),
that could well be it. We weren't don't and why we were slightly
surprised that it was plant based ... wondered if they had slipped a
meat one in there because they had run out of the plant based and knew
they were so similar, most wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

snip

[1] That isn't 'butter' as in the stuff made from cows milk and the
use of that description never seemed to bother any carnists or
confused anyone re it's content (unlike alternative 'milks'').

Peanut butter. Not confusing re it's content.
Oat Milk. Confusing as to it's content (apparently)?

Weetabix (warning contains wheat).

Or on a packet of nuts, 'May contain nuts' etc.

Coeliacs aren't thick.

What, none of them? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's the elixir of a child's brain development. Without it, and
following a strict vegan diet a child can expect to have an IQ of 10
points lower than a comparable vegetarian child.

[...]

Have you never stopped and thought why we have evolved to like the taste
of meat?

snip

[1] That isn't 'butter' as in the stuff made from cows milk and the
use of that description never seemed to bother any carnists or
confused anyone re it's content (unlike alternative 'milks'').

Peanut butter. Not confusing re it's content.
Oat Milk. Confusing as to it's content (apparently)?

Weetabix (warning contains wheat).

Or on a packet of nuts, 'May contain nuts' etc.

Coeliacs aren't thick.

What, none of them? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile C R E T I N Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:35:26 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life

The Scottish ******'s "meat" obviously IS an elixier of life, senile sucker
of troll cock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 10:00, T i m wrote:

[...]

Before plants, didn't the blue-green algae poison the atmosphere by
turning CO2 into oxygen?

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 10:00, T i m wrote:

[...]

Exactly. And plants continued the process. Until insects came along that
ate plants and breathed oxygen, to try and reverse it all.

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's insane that anyone should want to eat or think you need what's basically 2nd hand food.

We popped out in the car yesterday (to pick up some cable) and on the
way back, wondered if Burger King were doing their 'Rebel Whopper'
again so we went though the drive through. (It came out just before
the lockdown but was stopped because they (like many other places)
they went to a 'restricted menu'). ;-(

They weren't, but were doing what appears to be the same thing but
just under the name of 'Plant Based Whopper', so we gave them a go.

It seemed to be the same (very nice) as when we bought it as before,
but neither of us were sure if it was actually meat (as in dead
animals) or not? ;-(

Well plant based means plants, not animals.

I know.

What on earth confused you?

Ah, you have never heard of horse being served up as beef or monkfish
/ whatever being sold as cod?

It's not often it happens, not often enough to care anyway.

My point is it tasted (and had the
texture) very much like a meat pattie (as I remember it) and if you
were looking for a direct meat experience as possible (in a burger),
that could well be it. We weren't don't and why we were slightly
surprised that it was plant based ... wondered if they had slipped a
meat one in there because they had run out of the plant based and knew
they were so similar, most wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

snip

[1] That isn't 'butter' as in the stuff made from cows milk and the
use of that description never seemed to bother any carnists or
confused anyone re it's content (unlike alternative 'milks'').

Peanut butter. Not confusing re it's content.
Oat Milk. Confusing as to it's content (apparently)?

Weetabix (warning contains wheat).

Or on a packet of nuts, 'May contain nuts' etc.

I assume that one is a joke.

Coeliacs aren't thick.

What, none of them? ;-)

We need to stop catering for the thick and let them die off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's the elixir of a child's brain development. Without it, and
following a strict vegan diet a child can expect to have an IQ of 10
points lower than a comparable vegetarian child.

What a load of unsubstantiated bull****.

I'm a vegetarian and always have been, and have an IQ of 135.

[...]

Because you're an idiot? It smells like something that's rotting and gone off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

news

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's insane that anyone should want to eat or think you need what's
basically 2nd hand food.

Plants are second hand food too.

[...]

We need to stop catering for the pathetically anal and let them die off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's the elixir of a child's brain development. Without it, and
following a strict vegan diet a child can expect to have an IQ of 10
points lower than a comparable vegetarian child.

What a load of unsubstantiated bull****.

I'm a vegetarian and always have been, and have an IQ of 135.

Did you actually read my post? If it's bull****, are you saying that a
vegetarian child's IQ is 10 points lower than a vegan child's? Do make
up your mind.

For the avoidance of doubt:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

Going by your posts, and your inability to read mine, you don't come
across as having a high IQ. By way of example you don't seem
sufficiently intelligent to be gainfully employed.

[...]

Perhaps that is where you are going wrong. The meat I eat is not rotting
or gone off. Perhaps you should consider higher quality retail outlets
rather than perhaps tramps selling roadkill.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...s-of-evolution

"Human ancestors who were able to accurately identify rotting food that
was actually fermenting, and therefore OK to eat, would have had an
evolutionary advantage over others". Some of us have evolved to avoid
"rotting and gone off" food.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:34:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic blather

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's insane that anyone should want to eat or think you need what's
basically 2nd hand food.

Have you been a tramp at some point eating discarded food? Or do you eat
sick?

[...]

Quite, perhaps start with benefits cuts to the parasites who don't work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile SMARTASS Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:03:09 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
senile smartass, blathered again:

Have you been a tramp at some point eating discarded food? Or do you eat
sick?

He basically lives on the stuff all you senile assholes keep feeding him,
troll-feeding senile asshole!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:00:08 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
senile smartass, blathered again:

Did you actually read my post? If it's bull****, are you saying that a
vegetarian child's IQ is 10 points lower than a vegan child's? Do make
up your mind.

FFS, he's a TROLL and you KNOW it, you troll-feeding senile idiot! tsk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:53:04 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

It's the elixir of a child's brain development. Without it, and
following a strict vegan diet a child can expect to have an IQ of 10
points lower than a comparable vegetarian child.

What a load of unsubstantiated bull****.

Yup and it's called 'confirmation bias'. DickHeadxx could read 100
articles stating that a 'well balanced' (like any diet should be)
vegan died is good for all ages' (you know, as endorsed by the
thousands of professional nutritionist that make up the British and
American Dietetic Societies) and he will ignore it because he, being a
god, *believes* it's ok for him to do whatever he likes to animals.

However, he wants to stop people doing *some things* because *he*
doesn't consider them ok, even if they are as legal as the stuff he
supports? Hypocrisy and logical inconsistency or what!

But it's not me nor anyone else here he's actually arguing with of
course, it's the ever growing number of forward thinking,
compassionate and intelligent people who realise that what we
currently do to animals is wrong, unsustainable and dangerous to most
living things on this planet, including us!

I'm a vegetarian and always have been, and have an IQ of 135.

He doesn't care what anyone else is or how anyone or thing else
suffers because of his lifestyle choices, all he cares about is him
and his selected few.

snip

Have you never stopped and thought why we have evolved to like the taste
of meat?

Because you're an idiot?

That's the truth for sure, proven by the number of BS sound bites he's
saved in his little 'pro animal cruelty' text file.

He's like a sniper using bollox for ammunition.

It smells like something that's rotting and gone off.

That was the conclusion of the reporter that visited the chicken mass
murder centre and put him off chicken (the smell of death when he ate
some after, and that was through the batter and herbs and spices),
well, till the cognitive dissonance and logical inconsistency that he
had previously built up over years took over again ...

It's from the BBC and DickHeadxx believes everything (that supports
his cognitive bias) they put out, no bias from them, no way!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50986683
(Esp the video at the bottom)

Talking of the BBC, David Attenbourough often features on there
doesn't he?

https://youtu.be/ge5hv6dtJmA

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Are you illiterate too? Do you understand what P Hucker was saying was
bull****?

I'm a vegetarian and always have been, and have an IQ of 135.

He doesn't care what anyone else is or how anyone or thing else
suffers because of his lifestyle choices, all he cares about is him
and his selected few.

I very much care. It is you who wishes I didn't.

snip

Have you never stopped and thought why we have evolved to like the taste
of meat?

Because you're an idiot?

That's the truth for sure, proven by the number of BS sound bites he's
saved in his little 'pro animal cruelty' text file.

He's like a sniper using bollox for ammunition.

Just correcting your lies.

It smells like something that's rotting and gone off.

That was the conclusion of the reporter that visited the chicken mass
murder centre

Once again you show your poor command of the English language. Murder is
reserved for the unlawful, premeditated killing of humans. I doubt many
humans were murdered at the chicken centre.

and put him off chicken (the smell of death when he ate
some after, and that was through the batter and herbs and spices),
well, till the cognitive dissonance and logical inconsistency that he
had previously built up over years took over again ...

When you eat synthetic chicken with the same batter and herbs and
spices, do you smell death too. I would have said tofu is more poo like.

It's from the BBC and DickHeadxx believes everything (that supports
his cognitive bias) they put out, no bias from them, no way!

I have the choice of believing the BBC or a fanatic. Guess who a right
thinking person would choose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50986683
(Esp the video at the bottom)

Interesting video. At 30s into the vid, didn't he say "I'm from London
and my mind's quite small"?

Talking of the BBC, David Attenbourough often features on there
doesn't he?

https://youtu.be/ge5hv6dtJmA

Yep, another fanatic imposing his will onto others.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 21:03:16 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

Yup and it's called 'confirmation bias'.

Doesn't it make you a BIT suspicious that you are in constant agreement with
a ...well... a PROVEN CLINICALLY INSANE TROLLING ASSHOLE and ATTENTION
WHORE, D I M? Or are you TOO senile to realize it? LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 15:49:44 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/06/2021 15:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 13:48:30 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/06/2021 11:23, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 18:28:16 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

Of course Tim would agree. It was the point he was making.

rolls eyes DickHeadxx is just *really* *REALLY* thick.
That's a bit rich coming from someone who claimed:
1) eating meat "making viruses that are lethal to mankind antibiotic
resistant".
And when told viruses have always resistant to antibiotics you still say:
2) "becoming more so because of or exposure to antibiotics in
meat."

It took a few goes from numerous poster for you to actually accept that
"eating meat makes viruses antibiotic resistant" was a lie.

3) Despite claiming to be an expert on the Raspberry Pi, you claimed
that "the Pi can't be considered the best choice for a serious / long
term system is that it runs on an SD and that's not good for long term
writes". You were disingenuous to the poster who pointed the RPi can
load from SD card and then no more writes. So no writing at all once the
image is loaded onto the card.

Your eyes may roll, but first look in the mirror to see a fanatic devoid
of judgement and knowledge.
The problem is, if you are 'keeping' (unnaturally of course) an animal
that is destined to be killied and it's flesh eaten, if it get's ill
and dies the exploiter (of that animal and it's flesh) won't get much
/ any money for it if it dies.

So the exploiter would likely be willing to waste *some* money / time
on it (all the exploited animals have a price / value on their heads
of course so it's not compassion, just 'money') and gives it
antibiotics, those antibiotics will then stay in that creature for
some time and the rules re how much can be left before the animal
*then* killed (?), chopped up and it flesh eaten by us are likely to
be such a time when it's considered to be below some arbitrary level,
eg, not none? Hence *our* antibiotic resistance.
Would that be antibiotic resistance to viruses? As you've already been
told the jury is out on that one. Either way I am happy to ban the use
of antibiotics on all animals.
And the exploiters talk about this with no sense of irony (because to
them there is none, it's just a commodity, even though it's often more
intelligent than their 'pet' dog), 'I need to get it well to send it
to the abattoir ...' .
Food is food. Your plant food is a commodity too.
I sort of get the idea of getting a prisoner 'well' before applying
the death sentence as 'the point' is to apply the 'ultimate
punishment' you can apply to a sentient being', taking it's life and
that is most pertinent / relevant when they are full of life (like all
the very young animals killed for their flesh).

If you kill an animal (or person) because they are suffering it's
called 'a mercy killing' when you are doing it for them, not you /
society (and if it your pet they still don't use a bolt gun or gas
before cutting it's throat).
So advocate an alternative method of slaughter. I'd be happy to ban the
use of CO2, would you?
Cheers, T i m

p.s. Another example of DickHeadxx's blinkered focus on animal welfare
(because he likes the taste of animal flesh too much).
I like it because it is part of a natural healthy diet, and where I want
my loved ones to grow with a fully developed brain, and not be stunted
when children are fed a strict vegan diet and end up with a IQ over 10
points lower than a child eating a vegetarian diet.

Do you have a link or something where this is stated as a researched FACT.
As I don't believe they have tested your theory on kids for 20+ years

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...t-healthy-kids
Yes it's difficult and you need to be intelligent enough to understand, but most parents find it easier to send their kids off to takeaways or use delivery services , so they can stay in and watch reality TV shows.

I feel it is hard to beat the BBC for accuracy. There must be other
articles.

https://qz.com/1622642/making-your-k...me-in-belgium/

Which does suggest there is genuine harm.

Forcing kids to do anything is harmful and sometimes illegal.

I haven't done any more
research on this. Either way without more information or more studies I
would be reluctant to endorse a child being fed a strict vegan diet any
more than giving a dog or cat an exclusively plant food diet.

I agree and it's why such research hasn't been done I suspect. Unless on animals of course.
How many cigarettes a day do beagles have to smoke to prove smoking is bad for you.

Historically there are so many unknown unknowns in our diet all I can
suggest is a child should be given a wide range of foodstuffs in the
hope that more good is done than harm.

I agree but there are some cultures that don't eat meat from birth.
There have been no completely vegan cultures in known human history. However, many successful societies have eaten a mostly plant-based diet, including some of the healthiest and longest-living populations. Religions like Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism have also incorporated vegetarian ideas for thousands of years.

With the latest science and tech we now mostly understand what a human needs
and with global trade we can get everything we need from veg, although I can't argue that bacon tastes
nice.

I often cook what you might call varied meals but the children tend to
be fussy eaters. They adore chicken.

Covered in what, and I bet if you showed them how some chickens are treated they'd be as likely to want to eat them as they are as likely to eat cats dogs or even insects. It's the way people are brought up which is the key here.
They did a study on fussy eating kids they gave them fruit and veg and they wouldn't eat it.
So they gave them the same things and told them not to eat them but to play with them making faces and animals out of them, after a couple of weeks they told the kids to try eating them and they did.
It's been found that most animals play with food before they feel confident enough to eat it, this goes back to the early days, if something yuo are playing with doesn't harm you then perhaps eating it is safe.
Meercats do this with deadly scorpions, the parents kill them and let their offspring play with them safely
they eventually learn that it should be dead before eating.

They do like fruit of various kinds
so try and keep that available during their visits.

good idea, I never liked brussel sprouts, still don;t when boiled but now I put them in the oven, cover them in cooking oil and black pepper and I quite like them now. Plus side is they go in the oven with potatoes so less washing up too :-)

Trouble was when my veggies friends tried to convert by cooking me a nut roast, horrible and I still won;t eat a nut roast, even soaked in ketchup.
There's a few thinks I still like that I haven't found substitutes for though Oxtail soup, chicken salad sandwiches,
fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna. But I did find a ready meal of sweet and sour toru that I liked
and will buy that rather than the chicken version in fact I had to get the packet out of the bin as I wasn't sure
I hadn't bought S/S chicken by miskake .
Currently 80% of my meals contain no meat as such, I try to buy the sainsburys cheese which is veggie
but if I;m not going there I buy any cheese in the shop and refer to that as veggie when I have
a cheese and fake smoked ham (quorn) sandwiches, I've also found vegan cheese in squares which I like
but it is rather expensive.
I don;t plan to become either veggie or vegan but I do think eating less processed meat a good idea
if not for my own health then to help global warming and animal cruelty.
Is it really necessary to slit a cows throat while it;s still alive to save money on employing a stun gun ?
Why subcerdise euro cows at $800 dollars per cow so we can sell cheap milk and butter to Russia.

'Vegans must be stopped'
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...scmts=scwspsdd

I bet he will be first to sign the petition, completely missing the
point as usual and all his standard (strawmen) 'arguments' are in the
comments as well.
I would be the last. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I keep on saying I have nothing against you having a vegan diet, even if
you wish it to be otherwise. It's you fanaticism that is detrimental to
encouraging others to consider a vegan diet.

yes he does come across as rather fanatical on most things ;-)

You should be ashamed. Your
fanaticism is a very good example of why we should eat meat.

I'll D. Trump you on that. "good clean coal" , "sky rocket downwards", covid 19 is a fake virus, then it's the chinese virus, lets look into injecting people with bleach, or put a strong light inside them and many other quotes from a
person brought up on fast food because it's clean. 74 million people voted for him, most brought up on a meat intensive diet the USA is one of the highest consumers of meat which is also injected with various additives
which is hardly natural anyway.

I abhor the additives, to include hormones and routine antibiotics given
to farm animals. If there is a free trade agreement, I truly hope the
meat will be marked accordingly. I will avoid it.

Me too if only we could have more facts about everything. I'd grow my own but far too lazy and don;t like gardening
I prefer being on my computer to toiling in the garden. They now make it pretty easy to get cheap veg in supermarkets/shops even if it isn't as tasted, that's why man invented ketchup and other essential condiments.
I can;t even eat chips without lots of salt and vinegar, and occasionally add black pepper too.
And proper chip shop chips are still better than home cooked (without a lot of effort) and don;t get me on those
ridiculous french fries ;-) dam foreign food !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 10:00, T i m wrote:

[...]

it did and still is, about 60% I think far more than the rain forest do which is full of nasty
biting insects.

--
Spike

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

snip

Of course Tim would agree. It was the point he was making.

rolls eyes DickHeadxx is just *really* *REALLY* thick.

That's a bit rich coming from someone who claimed:
1) eating meat "making viruses that are lethal to mankind antibiotic
resistant".

Are you still moaning about that? How many times do I have to explain to you it doesn't matter if he wrote virus instead of whatever it is that antibiotics work on. Use your ****ing initiative.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:49:41 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

I feel it is hard to beat the BBC for accuracy.

ROTFPMSL! Ok, you continue listening to government propaganda. Why do you think the BBC exists?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Thats bull**** with some stuff like going to school etc.

and sometimes illegal.

and sometimes its illegal not to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 04:35:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling: