DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT: Un-hackable GPS replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/686447-ot-un-hackable-gps-replacement.html)

[email protected] May 5th 21 11:30 AM

OT: Un-hackable GPS replacement

I think a few people here will find this interesting, it astonished me:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...al-navigation/

newshound May 5th 21 02:51 PM

On 05/05/2021 11:30, wrote:
I think a few people here will find this interesting, it astonished me:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...al-navigation/

Yes, very interesting.

Paul[_46_] May 5th 21 04:26 PM

newshound wrote:
On 05/05/2021 11:30, wrote:
I think a few people here will find this interesting, it astonished
me:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...al-navigation/

Yes, very interesting.

I thought the plan at one time, was to bring back "Loran-C".
As the backup system. The plan doesn't seem to be particularly
in a rush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loran-C

Paul

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) May 9th 21 05:38 PM

OT: Un-hackable GPS replacement

I remember some Russian boats were used once to confuse GPs systems with
lots of near the horizon satellite signals which tenended to move targets
either offshore or miles away from where they should be so missiles using
gps could not hit a target anywhere nearby. I guess you could do the same
if you mounted your pretend sat signal simulator on a vehicle instead, but
the low elevation might somewhat give the game away.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!