DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pipes what are they? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/686154-re-pipes-what-they.html)

Max Demian April 17th 21 09:59 PM

Pipes what are they?

On 17/04/2021 21:31, kerrym wrote:

I have these pipes in every room in the house, Im in a terraced house
and I know that they are in all the houses that are linked.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1h0w

Cut one and see what comes out. g

--
Max Demian

Tim+[_5_] April 17th 21 10:12 PM

Pipes what are they?

Max Demian wrote:
On 17/04/2021 21:31, kerrym wrote:

I have these pipes in every room in the house, Im in a terraced house
and I know that they are in all the houses that are linked.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1h0w

Cut one and see what comes out. g

I did that once (or at least drilled a small hole after turning off the gas
and water) and discovered it was copper-clad electricity!

Vaporised my drill bit, blew the main fuse and took out the supply for
three flats. ;-)

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

JohnP April 17th 21 10:42 PM

Pipes what are they?

Tim+ wrote in

:

Max Demian wrote:
On 17/04/2021 21:31, kerrym wrote:

I have these pipes in every room in the house, Im in a terraced
house and I know that they are in all the houses that are linked.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1h0w

Cut one and see what comes out. g

I did that once (or at least drilled a small hole after turning off
the gas and water) and discovered it was copper-clad electricity!

Vaporised my drill bit, blew the main fuse and took out the supply for
three flats. ;-)

Tim

Look on the end wall - it could be a tie bar preventing the walls from
moving. Are there plates on the end walls?

JohnP April 18th 21 08:34 AM

Pipes what are they?

JohnP wrote in news:XnsAD0FE70FC9E68JohPnowherecom@
81.171.92.236:

Tim+ wrote in

:

See this: https://www.blsurveyors.com/2366-2/

Nightjar April 18th 21 10:38 AM

Pipes what are they?

On 17/04/2021 22:42, JohnP wrote:
Tim+ wrote in

:

Max Demian wrote:
On 17/04/2021 21:31, kerrym wrote:

I have these pipes in every room in the house, Im in a terraced
house and I know that they are in all the houses that are linked.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1h0w

Cut one and see what comes out. g

I did that once (or at least drilled a small hole after turning off
the gas and water) and discovered it was copper-clad electricity!

Vaporised my drill bit, blew the main fuse and took out the supply for
three flats. ;-)

Tim

Look on the end wall - it could be a tie bar preventing the walls from
moving. Are there plates on the end walls?

That was my view too.

--
Colin Bignell

Tricky Dicky[_4_] April 18th 21 10:57 AM

Pipes what are they?

On Saturday, 17 April 2021 at 22:42:54 UTC+1, JohnP wrote:
Tim+ wrote in
et
:
Max Demian wrote:
On 17/04/2021 21:31, kerrym wrote:

I have these pipes in every room in the house, Im in a terraced
house and I know that they are in all the houses that are linked.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1h0w

Cut one and see what comes out. g

I did that once (or at least drilled a small hole after turning off
the gas and water) and discovered it was copper-clad electricity!

Vaporised my drill bit, blew the main fuse and took out the supply for
three flats. ;-)

Tim

Look on the end wall - it could be a tie bar preventing the walls from
moving. Are there plates on the end walls?

My thoughts also. Most times you do not see them as they are run between joists but since the picture shows an outside wall the joists in a row of terraces would be perpendicular to that wall and prevent the tie bar passing between ceilings and upper floor hence why you can see it. It would make a useful clothes hanger. :)

Richard