DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   earlex spray station 2000 hvlp - any good ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/68536-earlex-spray-station-2000-hvlp-any-good.html)

el pee September 9th 04 05:06 PM

earlex spray station 2000 hvlp - any good ?

I'm thinking of getting the earlex 2000 spraystation (at present around
60GBP @homebase). I need to paint things like radiator covers, cabinets,
doors, panels - emulsion, gloss, eggshell and varnish perhaps - is this
thing any good for that - anybody out there have any experience or
recommendation |?

Cheers
larry

Peter Parry September 9th 04 10:36 PM

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:06:57 +0100, "el pee"
wrote:

I need to paint things like radiator covers, cabinets,
doors, panels - emulsion, gloss, eggshell and varnish perhaps - is this
thing any good for that - anybody out there have any experience or
recommendation |?

Someone I know had a very similar device some time ago. It did
indeed spray radiator covers, cabinets, doors, panels. It also
sprayed children, cats, ceilings, walls, windows and floors - all at
the same time.

As with any spray - whatever you need to spray needs to be in a spray
booth. Whether this is the garage or a makeshift polyethylene
shelter matters not but you cannot successfully spray something like
a door in situ (unless you want a magnolia cat, carpet, walls etc).

Eventually, after a suitable burst of enthusiasm, my acquaintance
went back to brushes and the HVLP spray languishes in a far corner of
the garage.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Dave Plowman (News) September 9th 04 11:48 PM

In article ,
el pee wrote:
I'm thinking of getting the earlex 2000 spraystation (at present around
60GBP @homebase). I need to paint things like radiator covers, cabinets,
doors, panels - emulsion, gloss, eggshell and varnish perhaps - is this
thing any good for that - anybody out there have any experience or
recommendation |?

I'd only spray things that you can't get a good enough finish on otherwise
- like cars, etc. Most household bits are fine with brush painting - and
it makes much less mess.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.