Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Obvious scam

An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to
win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to
another page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card
details (assume) so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

I'm surprised Ebay allow such a scam on their website, or maybe they
don't even know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to
win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to
another page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card
details (assume) so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

I'm surprised Ebay allow such a scam on their website, or maybe they
don't even know.

I hope you told them. Unlike FB, they're quite good at removing scams.

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to
win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to
another page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card
details (assume) so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

I'm surprised Ebay allow such a scam on their website, or maybe they
don't even know.

I hope you told them. Unlike FB, they're quite good at removing scams.

Ebay looked into it and they say the link is from my browser, no from
Ebay. Any ideas how to proceed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Try a different browser and see what you get. It can be that you have some
kind of add replacement worm on the machine. After all if its possible to
use add blocking its just as possible to have it redirect to another site.

Try it from other computers and maybe a mobile device as well. If the add
is still the same I'd suggest its Ebay who are talking out of their bums.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to
win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to
another page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card details
(assume) so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

I'm surprised Ebay allow such a scam on their website, or maybe they
don't even know.

I hope you told them. Unlike FB, they're quite good at removing scams.

Ebay looked into it and they say the link is from my browser, no from
Ebay. Any ideas how to proceed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to
win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to
another page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card
details (assume) so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

I'm surprised Ebay allow such a scam on their website, or maybe they
don't even know.

I hope you told them. Unlike FB, they're quite good at removing scams.

Ebay looked into it and they say the link is from my browser, no from
Ebay. Any ideas how to proceed?

Malwarebytes is pretty good at expunging this kind of stuff.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 16:19, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Any ideas how to proceed?

Yes it's 2021 and you need to get with the program. Firefox (or forks)
plus uBlock Origin, NoScript and Ghostery. Disable all the scripting
****e as a 1st step and slowly enable the minimum to make the web site
work.

Yes it makes browsing harder but you should be less likely to get
scammed. But if you are already clicking on adverts being displayed your
probably your own worst enemy and there's little hope for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 18:21, mm0fmf wrote:
On 22/02/2021 16:19, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Any ideas how to proceed?

Yes it's 2021 and you need to get with the program. Firefox (or forks)
plus uBlock Origin, NoScript and Ghostery. Disable all the scripting
****e as a 1st step and slowly enable the minimum to make the web site
work.

Yes it makes browsing harder but you should be less likely to get
scammed. But if you are already clicking on adverts being displayed your
probably your own worst enemy and there's little hope for you.

I have 4 plug ins on all of my browsers (edge, Chrome and firefox)

and they are

Duckduckgo essentials
Ghostery
Privacy Badger (from EFF)
uBlock Origin

On my mobiles I use DuckDuckGo broswer, Firefox focus and Ghostery
browser (the above 4 plugins are not available on Android.)

Thankls for the tip on NoScript, I will look at that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 20:17, S wrote:
[...]

Ublock can disable javascript
On Linux that's all I need

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to -

https://reward-zone.co/?keyword=&ad=...AEgJ XEvD_BwE

You are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to win
an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to another
page, where you are expected to fill in your credit card details (assume)
so they can charge you £1 for your phones delivery.

Yep, saw that one myself. Wasn't on ebay tho, it was emailed to me.