Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Vets

Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:51:21 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

One has to ask oneself why he had to sell, and you find that all that
low pricing and good service has hit the bottom line. There seems to be
no middle ground though.
Brian

May just have retired.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 10:00, jon wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:51:21 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

One has to ask oneself why he had to sell, and you find that all that
low pricing and good service has hit the bottom line. There seems to be
no middle ground though.
Brian

May just have retired.

but still running it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 08:10:10 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before

The vet gives *you* injections? It could explain a lot?

and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ?

Yup ... because it's changed from a vocation to a commercial concern.

He has possibly sold his customer database and goodwill, he might even
be kept on for a while (it helps retain customers if the still see him
there fore a while).

........ *******s

'Businesses' ... and at least they are being responsible by following
the guidelines re boosters etc (for you and the dog / cat / chimp[1]).

Cheers, T i m

[1] The one that types your usenet posts for you. Can you put some
extra treats on the full stop but not just at the end)? ;-(

p.s. Well done for getting him to remember the OT and get the case
right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

you are SO fummy Tim.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That's good to hear as you did say you expected us all to entertain
you.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before

The vet gives *you* injections? It could explain a lot?

and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ?

Yup ... because it's changed from a vocation to a commercial concern.

He has possibly sold his customer database and goodwill, he might even
be kept on for a while (it helps retain customers if the still see him
there fore a while).

........ *******s

'Businesses' ... and at least they are being responsible by following
the guidelines re boosters etc (for you and the dog / cat / chimp[1]).

wasn't for a booster I have no problem with boosters etc.....

Cheers, T i m

[1] The one that types your usenet posts for you. Can you put some
extra treats on the full stop but not just at the end)? ;-(

https://www.scotland.police.uk/conta...rty-reporting/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Don't worry, I won't report you, it's not that offensive to me.

You could ask for your money back on our entertainment of you?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 09:51, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
One has to ask oneself why he had to sell, and you find that all that low
pricing and good service has hit the bottom line. There seems to be no
middle ground though.

Mmmh, our vets closed down, I always thought they were reasonably priced.

Turns out they were skint. I don't know why they didn't just charge
more. Oh yes, there's outrage around these parts when folk try that.

So now we have to go to the 'rip off' vet that can afford to stay open.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

From the point of view of pet insurance, the one that the Supervet
advertises which I used when I had a dog always were fair and not
obstructive. Previously Pet Protect and some others seemed to be far more
interested in not paying out than being insurance, I'll say no more.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections are
due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary outfit
? ........ *******s

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 08:10, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

The two vets I use now do "care packages" that do injections, wormers,
etc. somewhat cheaper than the standard costs. As does my dentist for 6
monthly checkup and hygenist, with a monthly DD.

One thing they achieve by this is a more level revenue stream, and it
cuts my costs slightly.

The dentist, slightly irritatingly, asks if you have thought about
cosmetic dentistry, tooth whitening, etc. on the pre-appointment
questionaire that just used to ask about health changes and medication.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2021 20:17, newshound wrote:
[...]

the government have cut back so much on dentists you get bugger all and
have to pay through the nose...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/02/2021 20:37, Radio Man wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....

thinking of ways to get rid of her
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever
forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....

thinking of ways to get rid of her

Take it with you in the stang when you drive over the cliff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary
outfit ? ........ *******s

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....

Why does you cat bugger brian ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:51:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever
forced
on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections
are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you
"preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for
years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary

If you arent prepared to look after your pet you shouldnt have one.

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....

Why does you cat bugger brian ?

I was speaking to brian reay AKA radio man ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 03:42:56 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID: