Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default shocking dogs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Thoughts?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 19/02/2021 20:19, Tim+ wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Thoughts?

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.

Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 05:31:51 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 19/02/2021 20:19, Tim+ wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Thoughts?

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.

Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

A Terra Tertia the earth bonding meter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.
Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

Looks like TT, phone pole on left as per BBC article (must have been
replaced by metal pole since streetview) electricity pole on right

https://goo.gl/maps/kmXJQwDaBraHq1xd7
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2021 05:31, ARW wrote:
On 19/02/2021 20:19, Tim+ wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Thoughts?

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.

Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

Greater voltage gradient along a sausage dog too :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Feb 2021 at 09:52:02 GMT, "Andy Burns" wrote:

ARW wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.
Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

Looks like TT, phone pole on left as per BBC article (must have been
replaced by metal pole since streetview) electricity pole on right

https://goo.gl/maps/kmXJQwDaBraHq1xd7

Could the metal in the BBC picture be a protective metal shield rather than
the base of a metal pole?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:54:01 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Greater voltage gradient along a sausage dog too :-(

Strange isn't it when a few dogs get 'shocked' and it makes the news.

Millions of chickens and pigs being shocked *and killed* every day and
most don't seem to care?

I wonder if someone walking their pigs to slaughter and them being
shocked by the pole would also make the news?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 11:40, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:54:01 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Greater voltage gradient along a sausage dog too :-(

Well at least you're gauranteed a sizzling hot dog.... :-))
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 11:40, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:54:01 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Greater voltage gradient along a sausage dog too :-(

Strange isn't it when a few dogs get 'shocked' and it makes the news.

Millions of chickens and pigs being shocked *and killed* every day and
most don't seem to care?

If it's a humane form of slaughter then why not.

I very much care, pork in cider and roast chicken are very tasty on the
dinner plate.

I wonder if someone walking their pigs to slaughter and them being
shocked by the pole would also make the news?

I think they normally arrive by lorry.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 21/02/2021 12:09, S wrote:
On 21/02/2021 11:40, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:54:01 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Greater voltage gradient along a sausage dog too :-(

Well at least you're gauranteed a sizzling hot dog.... :-))

I booked a prostitute when I when to Korea and asked for it doggy style
and the stupid bitch climbed into a wok.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 20 February 2021 at 05:31:54 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 19/02/2021 20:19, Tim+ wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56063449

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Thoughts?

I have seen similar twice in 30 years on two properties.

Both were TT supplies without RCD protection.

--
Adam

Can't remember how many supplies I've seen that were fed by two wires into the supply cut out and a wire to the water pipe for an earth. It used to be pretty much standard practice back in the day. Terraces of houses often had a pair of vic wires on porcelain insulators running from the end of the terrace above the top of the doors and windows, with tap offs at each house
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

The report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have
thought that this was a neutral fault.

Now that's what I call an adventure playground!

https://youtu.be/B-Wt8739Pi4?t=7