Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Skimming over wallpaper!

I've never seen this before.

A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster
is tiled wallpaper!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
R D S wrote:
I've never seen this before.

A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster
is tiled wallpaper!

Happened in this house. We found a doorway had been blocked up and the new
plaster covered the existing anglypta wall paper.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/02/2021 13:47, charles wrote:
In article ,
R D S wrote:
I've never seen this before.

A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster
is tiled wallpaper!

Happened in this house. We found a doorway had been blocked up and the new
plaster covered the existing anglypta wall paper.

I've had tiles over wallpaper!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Â*Â*Â* R D S wrote:
I've never seen this before.

A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster
is tiled wallpaper!

Happened in this house. We found a doorway had been blocked up and the
new
plaster covered the existing anglypta wall paper.

I've had tiles over wallpaper!

Laminate flooring on top of carpet is not unknown too.

Skimming over artex is a good way to hide it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 18/02/2021, Andrew supposed :
Laminate flooring on top of carpet is not unknown too.

Nothing much wrong with that, if its sound carpet, instead of laying
the usual under felt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Did the previous owner have a 6
gun and a big hat?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
I've never seen this before.

A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster is
tiled wallpaper!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/02/2021 21:54, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Did the previous owner have a 6
gun and a big hat?
Brian

The previous owner had a refurb relatively recently and apparently fell
out with the builder. I don't know who the builder is but I am motivated
to find out.

There are gaps, windows on the wonk, floors with a staggering degree of
slope on them and a variety of offenses against plastering.

We couldn't even paint the place, lord knows what had happened to the
walls but anything we painted on just brought the original paint off.

Skimming over emulsion on brickwork Kevin Brady UK diy 8 August 11th 05 03:23 PM
Skimming over wallpaper... Arthur UK diy 6 July 10th 05 03:21 PM
skimming over old walls bill UK diy 3 February 22nd 05 07:54 PM
Skimming over painted walls? Miles Reading UK diy 1 February 7th 05 04:59 PM
Skimming over old plaster. Andy Hide UK diy 9 March 4th 04 01:25 PM