DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LED panels (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/684952-led-panels.html)

williamwright February 13th 21 09:56 PM

LED panels

I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200, plus frames from BLT
Direct. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding and the panels that
arrived were 6,500K, which was much too blue for me. BLT were really
good; they swapped the panels for 4000K ones with no hassle at all.

I surface-mounted the panels using the frames. The frames leave a space
behind the panels of 30mm, so the PSUs, which were 25mm thick, fitted
nicely.

The minor snag was that ceilings tend to not be perfectly flat, so
fitting a 1200 x 300 frame that is perfectly flat can be awkward. If I
was doing the job again I'd mount the frames on washers to provide 1mm
of allowance for ripples in the plaster board. Otherwise, no problems.

The quality of light from these panels is excellent. I'm really pleased
with them.

Bill

Andy Burns[_13_] February 13th 21 10:27 PM

LED panels

williamwright wrote:

I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200

googling

From £6 each, wow!

click

Oh ok, so that's just the suspension kit, but £30+VAT each still not bad.

williamwright February 13th 21 10:44 PM

LED panels

On 13/02/2021 22:27, Andy Burns wrote:
williamwright wrote:

I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200

googling

From £6 each, wow!

click

Oh ok, so that's just the suspension kit, but £30+VAT each still not bad.

These were £30.02 per panel and £14.19 per mounting frame, both plus VAT.

I just couldn't make head nor tail of the instructions for the mounting
frames, so I ignored them and did it my own way:
1. Screw one long side to the ceiling.
2. Attach both short sides and screw to the ceiling, making sure the
corners are exactly 90 deg and that the end of the short sides are the
right distance apart for the remaining long side.
3. Insert the light, and connect up.
4. Fit the remaining long side. Tap it into place if necessary with a
rubber hammer.

One of lights is central in the room and it is adequate by itself for
normal illumination. The other four are task lights around the edges of
the ceiling, above the work surfaces.

Bill

Andy Bennet February 14th 21 09:16 AM

LED panels

williamwright wrote:

I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200

googling

I googled BLT and I started dribbling. That's lunch sorted! Ta!

Andrew[_22_] February 14th 21 12:13 PM

LED panels

On 13/02/2021 22:44, williamwright wrote:

4. Fit the remaining long side. Tap it into place if necessary with a
rubber hammer.

Is this the yorkshire version of a geordie spanner ?.