Old February 12th 21, 03:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains nibbler.

Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next
Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I have
an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is the
first budget priced one I've seen.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Old February 12th 21, 03:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next
Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I have
an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is the
first budget priced one I've seen.

Having a look around on the Lidl web site, I found this high fashion
item ...

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...-helmet/p40278

When ye are welding scary things with blinding light and smoke, it must
be the right thing to show onlookers that ya head has just caught alight....

--
Adrian C
Old February 12th 21, 06:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2021 14:36, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next
Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I have
an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is the
first budget priced one I've seen.

Having a look around on the Lidl web site, I found this high fashion
item ...

*https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...-helmet/p40278

When ye are welding scary things with blinding light and smoke, it must
be the right thing to show onlookers that ya head has just caught
alight....

And if you look at the middle picture of the five, they've got a much
squarer, non-flamed version, that just makes me think of Marvin.

Old February 13th 21, 09:10 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next
Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I have
an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is the
first budget priced one I've seen.

Temping. Never used one but having just watched a video of it I could
find it useful.

I presume this is what is for sale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UD...bricovideo.ovh

with a proper British plug on it:-)

How much is it?

--
Adam
Old February 13th 21, 09:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/02/2021 17:02, Steve Walker wrote:
On 12/02/2021 14:36, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next
Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I
have
an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is
the
first budget priced one I've seen.

Having a look around on the Lidl web site, I found this high fashion
item ...

**https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...-helmet/p40278

When ye are welding scary things with blinding light and smoke, it
must be the right thing to show onlookers that ya head has just caught
alight....

And if you look at the middle picture of the five, they've got a much
squarer, non-flamed version, that just makes me think of Marvin.

:-)

BBC Marvin and not the ****e one from the 2005 film.

BTW you have just managed to name the new cat.....

--
Adam

Old February 13th 21, 09:22 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Temping. Never used one but having just watched a video of it I could
find it useful.

I presume this is what is for sale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UD...bricovideo.ovh

How much is it?

£35

Wonder why the 'nose' of the mains version is that much bigger than the
air version?
Old February 13th 21, 10:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

It must be a challenge for designers to come up with something different.
However go faster stripes type designs worry me as the company may have
spent more on the appearance than the function.
I had a very well packaged set of jewellers screwdrivers which looked
fantastic, but were so soft they could not be used to undo screws. Ahem...
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old February 13th 21, 10:31 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2021 08:22, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Temping. Never used one but having just watched a video of it I could
find it useful.

I presume this is what is for sale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UD...bricovideo.ovh

How much is it?

£35

Wonder why the 'nose' of the mains version is that much bigger than the
air version?

On eBay, "Double Head Sheet Metal Nibbler Cutter Cutting Tool Saw
Power Drill Attachment" - £9.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-He...t/154318347786

See youTube for demo vids.

FWIW, I use a Goscut handtool, something from the seventies
Hasn't let me down yet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333670648264

--
Adrian C
Old February 13th 21, 11:48 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Temping. Never used one but having just watched a video of it I could
find it useful.

I presume this is what is for sale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UD...bricovideo.ovh

How much is it?

£35

Wonder why the 'nose' of the mains version is that much bigger than
the air version?

*On eBay, "Double Head Sheet Metal Nibbler Cutter Cutting Tool Saw
Power Drill Attachment" - £9.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-He...t/154318347786

See youTube for demo vids.

FWIW, I use a Goscut handtool, something from the seventies
Hasn't let me down yet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333670648264

I still have one of them somewhere. Hard work, though. Just about copes
with classic radio/amplifier chassis ally.

The problem I have had with powered nibblers is that the cutter is hard
and brittle, I have snapped a few. So you need to be sure you can get
replacements.
Old February 13th 21, 12:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2021 08:16, ARW wrote:
[...]

I am a fan of cats, we have three, so I'm glad to be of service.

Klein Nibbler, Model 76011B Donwill[_3_] UK diy 0 January 7th 10 09:17 AM
Sheet-metal nibbler: pneumatic vs. hand-powered Matt[_7_] Home Repair 7 July 23rd 09 03:44 AM
sheet steel nibbler andrew UK diy 9 May 14th 09 05:19 PM
Can I do this with a nibbler? [email protected] Metalworking 5 December 31st 05 02:26 AM
F/S nibbler and shear William Wixon Metalworking 0 March 7th 05 04:41 AM