Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blue tooth

New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Is your desktop also using WiFi?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Because it's bluetooth.

--
Chris Green
Β·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Probably because your hearing aid is a Bluetooth class 2 or 3 device
which will have a low permitted transmit power (2.5mW) to prolong
battery life. This wll decrease reliable range.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Bennet
wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with
Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on
newish Dell desk top. Why should this happen ??

Probably because your hearing aid is a Bluetooth class 2 or 3 device
which will have a low permitted transmit power (2.5mW) to prolong
battery life. This wll decrease reliable range.

The hearing aid is receiving, not transmitting

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 16:10, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:42:51 -0800, fred wrote:

New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Bluetooth is **** ?

All forms of WiFi are subject to clutter and noise.

If you want reliable then use wire.

I do wonder if there might be another Bluetooth or Wifi, close by,
causing interference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 16:59, charles wrote:
In article , Andy Bennet
wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with
Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on
newish Dell desk top. Why should this happen ??

Probably because your hearing aid is a Bluetooth class 2 or 3 device
which will have a low permitted transmit power (2.5mW) to prolong
battery life. This wll decrease reliable range.

The hearing aid is receiving, not transmitting

It will be doing both, if only to accept/ack the audio packets.

Without knowledge about the Bluetooth stack it's difficult to comment
more, but I doubt it will be the equivalent of a pure UDP one way coms.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with
Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on
newish Dell desk top. Why should this happen ??

Probably because your hearing aid is a Bluetooth class 2 or 3 device
which will have a low permitted transmit power (2.5mW) to prolong
battery life. This wll decrease reliable range.

The hearing aid is receiving, not transmitting

both actually on a digital link

Bluetooth hops around frequency wise. You need to know when that is
going to happen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 17:16, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/02/2021 16:10, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:42:51 -0800, fred wrote:

New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Bluetooth is **** ?

All forms of WiFi are subject to clutter and noise.

If you want reliable then use wire.

I do wonder if there might be another Bluetooth or Wifi, close by,
causing interference.

Not all Bluetooth hardware and / or software is created equal. Some
works brilliantly and some is really unreliable.

Depends on who designed it, who wrote the software.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Stop using the USB3 ports and retest.

USB3 ports are only an issue, when working
equipment is running off them. There can be
2.4GHz emissions which conflict with BT or Wifi.
Because the emissions are broad spectrum, even
the frequency hopping the BT does, is not enough
to counteract the problem. A 5GHz Wifi band will
have no problem at all, as there is a null at 5GHz
for USB3.0.

Also, make sure the Bluetooth nano dongle is line-of-sight
to the recipient. I had trouble with BT and stuff in the way
(to a minor extent, a poor excuse). I put the BT dongle
on a short extender cable and things started working.

Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No ****, Sherlock

--
€œIt is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.€

ۥ Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Different versions of bluetooth? Too many people using bluetooth, driver
issues??
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"fred" wrote in message
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:09:01 PM UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Is your desktop also using WiFi?

--
Adrian C

Yes my desktop uses wi fi as does my phone
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:41:45 PM UTC, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Probably because your hearing aid is a Bluetooth class 2 or 3 device
which will have a low permitted transmit power (2.5mW) to prolong
battery life. This wll decrease reliable range.

Except I'm sitting in front of the computer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 5:16:26 PM UTC, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/02/2021 16:10, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 07:42:51 -0800, fred wrote:

New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Bluetooth is **** ?

All forms of WiFi are subject to clutter and noise.

If you want reliable then use wire.

I do wonder if there might be another Bluetooth or Wifi, close by,
causing interference.

What, wire my hearing aids to the computer ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:09:24 PM UTC, Paul wrote:
fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Stop using the USB3 ports and retest.

USB3 ports are only an issue, when working
equipment is running off them. There can be
2.4GHz emissions which conflict with BT or Wifi.
Because the emissions are broad spectrum, even
the frequency hopping the BT does, is not enough
to counteract the problem. A 5GHz Wifi band will
have no problem at all, as there is a null at 5GHz
for USB3.0.

Also, make sure the Bluetooth nano dongle is line-of-sight
to the recipient. I had trouble with BT and stuff in the way
(to a minor extent, a poor excuse). I put the BT dongle
on a short extender cable and things started working.

Paul

You've lost me there. Why would my computer be using a USB3 port for blue tooth?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/02/2021 21:09, Paul wrote:

Also, make sure the Bluetooth nano dongle is line-of-sight
to the recipient.

The OP has not said he's using a dongle. Could the BT be on the
motherboard, inside a steel case?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify
on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish
Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

For various reasons I have a total of 4 blue tooth headphones . 3 Sony and one Panasononic. All work faultlessly with the computer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

In my very limited experience, Dell might be the problem.

We bought a sound-bar from Enacfire to get better audio quality. This works fine with a Bluetooth connection from my Windows laptop (Lenovo) but we had many problems when using it with my wife's laptop which is from Dell. Eventually (after doing extensive research on Dell Bluetooth problems) we downloaded updates to all sorts of system software (BIOS, audio drivers, Bluetooth) and found a combination of settings in which it worked most of the time.

If your desktop is new enough to have Dell software support still working try asking them for help. Otherwise see if there are software updates available.

--
Clive Page
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Is your desktop also using WiFi?

--
Adrian C

Yes my desktop uses wi fi as does my phone

Lots of variables though,

For your PC, is the Wifi from a separate internal card than the bluetooth?

I have a bluetooth set of 3D glasses that connects OK to a Sony TV.
I have a wireless keyboard that connects to a wireless (not wifi
protocol, but same band) USB dongle used on the TV.

They don't work well together with both radios active.

I'm reasoning if the bluetooth and wifi are properly integrated (like on
your phone), they won't be conflicting.

Or, could be that bluetooth is generally crap. I get that.

I paid a lot of money a long time ago for a Bluetooth network card for a
PDA, years before WiFi use became prevalent. Much disappointment.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with
Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify
on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Is your desktop also using WiFi?

--
Adrian C

Yes my desktop uses wi fi as does my phone

Lots of variables though,

For your PC, is the Wifi from a separate internal card than the bluetooth?

I have a bluetooth set of 3D glasses that connects OK to a Sony TV.
I have a wireless keyboard that connects to a wireless (not wifi
protocol, but same band) USB dongle used on the TV.

They don't work well together with both radios active.

I'm reasoning if the bluetooth and wifi are properly integrated (like on
your phone), they won't be conflicting.

try moving wifi channel on the router

Or, could be that bluetooth is generally crap. I get that.

I paid a lot of money a long time ago for a Bluetooth network card for a
PDA, years before WiFi use became prevalent. Much disappointment.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Different versions of bluetooth? Too many people using bluetooth, driver
issues??
Brian

I'd thought the whole point was a very restricted range? Only use it for
two things. Phone to the car radio. Mouse to a laptop. Few feet at most.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

You've lost me there. Why would my computer be using a USB3 port for blue tooth?

If you have a USB3 hard drive connected to a USB3
port, at the same time the computer is using Bluetooth,
there can be emissions from the USB3 bits. The emissions
happen to peak at 2.5GHz, the BT is at 2.4GHz.

You can run an external BT dongle off a USB2 port.
That's where mine is plugged in, an add-on to a desktop computer.
Because the BT Nano style is so "stubby", it helps to put
it on an extension cable, to improve line-of-sight operation.

computer

USB3 USB2
| |
| cable BT Nano TX
| \
USB3 .
hard \
drive BT_Headphone

In such a case, the RF emissions coming from the
left of the diagram, can upset the low power signal
from the BT on the right.

The USB3 emissions, spectrally, look like this.
A broad peak at 2.5GHz, that can smother 2.4GHz
communications device. This is a "data-related"
emissions pattern, not a "clock spike". A clock
spike, if the technology allowed it, would be about
20dB higher than this broad data-related leakage
pattern. Normally, data-related leakage is far
enough down, it might not require remediation to
correct it (meets FCC Part 15).

Level |
| --
| -- --
| -- --
+----------------- Frequency GHz
0 2.5 5.0

Intel has a white paper about this.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...nce-paper.html

It's not guaranteed that every active USB3 device
emits RF like that. But, the Intel paper serves
as a warning that manufacturers should do quality
verification work and not release junk to the market.
Usually, you rent time at a third-party facility for
testing. At work, we had a $4 million lab with all
the necessary equipment, for verifying stuff out
to 20GHz or 40GHz or so. And that facility was
pretty solidly booked for testing. It was anechoic
and for near field work. We had a separate facility
for far field verification, which wasn't nearly as
fancy. It was some distance from a company soccer field :-)

If a person having a BT problem, has the hardware
configuration in the top picture, they should
unplug the USB3 hard drive, then retest their BT operation.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clive Page wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
[...]

Some miniPCI modules in laptops, have Wifi and BT on the
same card. And there's some crazy scheme to multiplex
the BT transmit signal onto the same RF coax as
the Wifi. There's some scheme (perhaps in the MAC firmware)
to preventing both from happening at the same time. So if
both want to transmit, one is delayed, and the other goes first.

I've not seen pictures of any lab results, as to how well
this works.

https://www.quora.com/Can-wireless-c...e-same-antenna

# A discussion, but with not a lot of meat on it.

http://www.quantenna.com/wp-content/...in-2.4-GHz.pdf

If the two technologies are not coordinated like that,
you use a Wifi-Only MiniPCI plus an external USB2 Nano BT,
then the things will be colliding all the time anyway
and the BT will just avoid the bins that the Wifi
keeps tramping on.

Both BT and Wifi are supposed to be able to coexist.

And multiple BT piconets can share the same airspace
(with no coordination of frequency-hop patterns needed).
The more piconets you set up, the more collisions between
them, with some statistical probability.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Different versions of bluetooth? Too many people using bluetooth, driver
issues??

I'd thought the whole point was a very restricted range? Only use it for
two things. Phone to the car radio. Mouse to a laptop. Few feet at most.

Should do better than he is getting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 08:47:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling: