Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping Tim....

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

must be OK because you are not eating the organs? .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29-01-2021 15:11, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

must be OK because you are not eating the organs? .....

They say you like an organ in your mouth. Poof
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 15:16, Radio Man wrote:
On 29-01-2021 15:11, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

must be OK because you are not eating the organs? .....

They say you like an organ in your mouth. Poof

takes one to know one ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

Interesting article. I'm waiting for the time will when organs can be
grown from stem cells.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 15:11, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

must be OK because you are not eating the organs? .....

This isn't new. Using a pigs liver as an emergency assistance
while waiting for a human organ to become available has been done
in the past, as this Canadian woman tell us -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...team-1.2879917

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 15:05:41 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

1) I'm not 'a vegi', I'm 'a vegan' and they are very different things.

A vegi doesn't eat meat, possibly because they don't like the cruelty
subjected on animals we breed for their meat, but is perfectly happy
with the cruelty subjected on animals for all the other things (and
that are often worse in the form of long term suffering).

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

This is the same issue as killing one animal to feed another (like a
pet cat that is an obligate carnivore), killing one animal to
potentially / temporarily save / prolong the life of another, in this
case a human.

It might be acceptable under the 'as far as possible' general
guidelines for veganism, depending on your personal ethics.

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

So taking a pigs life to save a humans *might* be considered
acceptable to some (vegans).

I'm still not sure I'd want to pull the trigger myself, even if it
were for me and therefore I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it for
me.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 15:11:15 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

On 29/01/2021 15:05, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

Does this go against your vegi principals?...

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/28/swin...rack-for-2021/

must be OK because you are not eating the organs? .....

For a vegi, it can be, depending on the depth of their convictions.

They can choose to both not consume *and* not 'exploit animals for any
of their by-products, so that could include their organs for our
medical use.

But this is were the vegans think the vegetarians are confused, if a
vegi doesn't want an animal killed to eat or exploit (organs, skin,
etc) the same thing would apply to all the animals that are killed and
exploited in the egg and dairy industries (that they are ok with)?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not OT:

In article ,
T i m wrote:

[a reply in this thread]

Good to see you T i m! I just realised the other day I (we) hadn't seen
you for a bit. I almost asked the (these days) dread question: "has
anyone seen T i m?"

Nice to see you fighting your corner, as ever.

Another John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You will be saying next that you believe in "materia medica." next ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 08:06:07 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

snip

You will be saying next that you believe in "materia medica." next ...

I'd ask you WTF you were talking about but I'm pretty sure you
wouldn't know.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 22:01:13 +0000, Another John
wrote:

snip

Good to see you T i m!

Thanks?

I just realised the other day I (we) hadn't seen
you for a bit. I almost asked the (these days) dread question: "has
anyone seen T i m?"

I've been playing with my Home Automation system and that's involved
in playing with lots of different hardware, installing Linux servers,
trying to get to grips with Docker / containers and running things
like Home Assistant and TVHeadend on the same mini PC etc.

Nice to see you fighting your corner, as ever.

The irony is that it's not 'my corner' as such as whilst I may 'better
off' personally health wise and I'm certainly no longer weighed down
by logical inconsistency (loving / respecting some animals but then
causing others suffering and death because of my lifestyle choices
(and many were inherited or forced upon me via social conditioning
rather than 'chosen' as such)), 1) It's something we may well all have
to be doing in the future because the planet won't be able to support
what we are doing now and 2) because it won't be socially acceptable
to carry on treating the animals that are left in such a way (because
they are *all* very much part of a previously balanced ecosystem that
we have ruined).

Cheers, T i m