Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eyes follow up....

"Paul" wrote in message
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 08:18, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Keep us posted about how it goes.

Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines
with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with
aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I
thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my
food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few days my migraines
stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to their normal
state...so it was too much salt ... sodium poisoning.....have to say I
never linked my migraines with aura to too much salt before....I did
like my salt though....but no more if it causes all those problems and
more....and my dizziness has gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt
so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big bar
of Tony's....no migrains.......

Feck out working on the Mustang track rod ends there this morning and
bingo a migraine with aura....so much for all my theories.....I give up

Off to doctor to see what's not in balance.

But after all this time thats unlikely to be useful.

Here, a hospital blood test can get results faster than a clinic-inspired
blood test.

Makes no difference here. The main obvious
difference is that the hospital one is normally
with fasting and the one after the doctors
appointment usually isnt.

With the clinic, the round trip cycle time is three weeks,

Fark, ours is next day.

which is too long when you're really sick.

Yep.

On the negative side, the wait at the hospital can be forever. Four to
eight hours at my local (ten minutes walk from the house).

Fark. I show up before they open and hardly ever
wait more than half an hour and the half hour is
so I am at the head of the queue. its only minutes
after they open since I'm first or second.

Since seasonal flu is not at the usual
winter levels, there will be fewer seats with bums on them at the moment
at hospital.

Ours has separate seats and dept for the blood test sampling.

On the plus side (I checked a while back), my clinic
is mostly empty. Empty of patients, empty of doctors.
Very little work going on. I got prescriptions there.

Ours is a bit down on what it can be but we
have only ever had 3 virus infected people
and none of them ever went to a GP clinic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 29/01/2021 10:41, R D S wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I suffer very irregular visual disturbance migraines, maybe once per
month or two, but made more regular by stress. Blanked out areas vision,
zig-zag lines and a slightly distant feeling. It lasts maybe 20 minutes
then gone, no headaches usually, ever. I have never found a causation
for it.

Same here.

Same here, had them since I was a kid. Quite mild just a sightly fuzzy
bit, can't focus properly, makes reading hard, lasts 25 minutes. I get
them a few times a year. Last year I had three in a few hours. It used to
freak me out, I thought I was having a stroke.

Asked a doctor, he looked bored, told me to see optician.

Asked optician, he wanted me to get bifocals.

Asked Google, described my symptoms perfectly, even with a picture.

Mentioned it to family and friends and they said "me too".

Why couldn't the doctor have told me what it was, given it seems to be
very common.

Too ignorant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 19:07, Pancho wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:41, R D S wrote:
[...]

no bugger has a clue what causes them.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Â* Keep us posted about how it goes.
Â*
Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having
migraines with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my
migraines with aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate
for months so I thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped
adding salt to my food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few
days my migraines stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to
their normal state...so it was too much salt ...Â* sodium
poisoning.....have to say I never linked my migraines with aura to
too much salt before....I did like my salt though....but no more if
it causes all those problems and more....and my dizziness has gone
as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt

so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big
bar of Tony's....no migrains.......

The linked article, that's enough salt to choke a horse.

I would "act surprised" if that happened to me.

It's like discovering that drinking a 40 ounce bottle
of Rum as quickly as possible, makes you pass out. Science.

I might have a new liver but I was never a drinker ....

So what ****ed your liver ?

hemochromatosis
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 02:00, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Stewart ..." wrote in message
news
On 30/01/2021 13:31, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 10:54, Radio Man wrote:
[...]

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ache-symptoms-
migraine-diet-salt-warning-salt
so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big
bar of Tony's....no migrains.......

You had too much juicy organ meat, dick.
keep your perversions for ukra cole .....

BTW I won't be back......

Bit radical......

not really it used to be fun but wit cole FMF reay and bernie all the
fun has gone out of it....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 01:58, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

Dont hang yourself where the little kids can find you.

Drive over a big cliff in the stang, just make sure there is no beach
below it first,

can't the mot just expired .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 18:50, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

than a clinic-inspired blood test. With the clinic,
the round trip cycle time is three weeks, which is
too long when you're really sick. On the negative
side, the wait at the hospital can be forever.
Four to eight hours at my local (ten minutes walk from
the house). Since seasonal flu is not at the usual
winter levels, there will be fewer seats with bums
on them at the moment at hospital.

On the plus side (I checked a while back), my clinic
is mostly empty. Empty of patients, empty of doctors.
Very little work going on. I got prescriptions there.

Â*Â* Paul

no point tried that in the past waste of time ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:41, R D S wrote:
[...]

Bet that's not right, bet someone does

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

OK, I'll watch out for a stang going over a cliff or into a tree on the
news,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

They are unlikely to **** your corpse over for driving unregistered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:53:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Asked Google, described my symptoms perfectly, even with a picture.

Mentioned it to family and friends and they said "me too".

Why couldn't the doctor have told me what it was, given it seems to be
very common.

Too ignorant.

Yeah, he forgot to ask YOU, the senile "expert" in EVERYTHING! Right, you
despicable senile know-it-all?

--
FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:28:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

no bugger has a clue what causes them.....

Bet that's not right, bet someone does

Bet you ARE an attested psychiatric case, you auto-contradicting senile
sociopath and PEST!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:33:56 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

not really it used to be fun but wit cole FMF reay and bernie all the fun
has gone out of it....

OK, I'll watch out for a stang going over a cliff or into a tree on the
news,

I'm watching for you trolling senile assholes NOT giving all elderly people
a bad name!

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:51:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the auto-contradicting senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Obnoxious Sociopathic Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 12:58:24 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Don¢t hang yourself where the little kids can find you.

Drive over a big cliff in the stang, just make sure there is no beach below
it first,

Idiotic sociopath! tsk

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:35:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

can't the mot just expired .....

They are unlikely to **** your corpse over for driving unregistered.

Keep your sociopathic sick **** out of normally evolved humans' ngs, sick
senile sociopath!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 18:50, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Migraines? Elevate to neurologist.

Your GP is only going to give you a referral,
if he can craft a cover letter justifying the
exercise. Every step in the flow chart, includes
justification (when you get a chest XRay, they
have to write on the form *why* you need a chest XRay,
it's for the radiologist to read).

And various people will make squidgy faces, if the
justification is not worded "just right".
They sometimes get into squabbles behind the scenes.
(I'm not supposed to be aware that's happening of
course.)

I found out about the chest XRay, on my very first XRay.
The doctor neglected to fill that box, so they made
me drive back to the clinic and get the box filled.

One of my special skills, is transporting medical forms
to the correct address (even when the wrong address
is written on them) :-)

For my aura, nobody made any suggestion that blood
pressure could do it. It was just a pleasant side-effect,
when the auras stopped, once I was on BP meds.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Only mustang drivers get that.

Brits (could) get haemachromatosis

Too much iron, for a variety of reasons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 18:50, Fred wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Fredxx formulated the question :
I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then
doing something like running up some stairs.

I did always suffer with that, I think it's quite normal

No its not and I used to run up stairs all the time.

The symptoms vary from person to person. I am aware that some pass out.
There have been occasions where my vision has closed in and I'm getting
reading to get down on the floor before I have no chance of composing
myself.

The symptom is quite common after exertion even if not seen as normal by
some.

- your body needs time to prepare for action, from a relaxed state.

Mine didn't.

Lots of people do, a statement like that is not very helpful. Warming up
is considered a prerequisite to strenuous exercise.

This dizziness was quite different, though the same feeling of about
to pass out - looking up at shelves at home or in shops, wondering
round the isles in stores etc. all would triggering and then I would
need to lean on something, or sit until it passed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

I thought haemachromatosis was expressly due to genetic causes? (Albeit several different specific genetic variations.)

"Iron overload" being a general term for excess iron from any cause.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Paul" wrote in message
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 18:50, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

Doesnt happen here and I always read my referrals.

And various people will make squidgy faces, if the
justification is not worded "just right".
They sometimes get into squabbles behind the scenes.
(I'm not supposed to be aware that's happening of
course.)

I found out about the chest XRay, on my very first XRay.
The doctor neglected to fill that box, so they made
me drive back to the clinic and get the box filled.

One of my special skills, is transporting medical forms
to the correct address (even when the wrong address
is written on them) :-)

For my aura, nobody made any suggestion that blood
pressure could do it. It was just a pleasant side-effect,
when the auras stopped, once I was on BP meds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 05:21:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 29/01/2021 18:50, Fred wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Fredxx formulated the question :
I can be dizzy but only after being sedantry for a while and then doing
something like running up some stairs.

I did always suffer with that, I think it's quite normal

No its not and I used to run up stairs all the time.

The symptoms vary from person to person. I am aware that some pass out.
There have been occasions where my vision has closed in and I'm getting
reading to get down on the floor before I have no chance of composing
myself.

The symptom is quite common after exertion even if not seen as normal by
some.

- your body needs time to prepare for action, from a relaxed state.

Mine didn't.

Lots of people do, a statement like that is not very helpful.

It is to dispel that claim when most don't need it.

Warming up is considered a prerequisite to strenuous exercise.

For other reasons and running up the stairs isnt
strenuous exercise when its just one flight of stairs.

This dizziness was quite different, though the same feeling of about to
pass out - looking up at shelves at home or in shops, wondering round
the isles in stores etc. all would triggering and then I would need to
lean on something, or sit until it passed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 09:12, Paul wrote:
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
[...]

It usually is, but not always.

(Albeit several different specific genetic variations.)

"Iron overload" being a general term for excess iron from any cause.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 08:36:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"

Help with screw eyes [email protected] Woodworking 10 November 4th 05 06:23 AM
Men [rolls eyes] Suz UK diy 25 October 11th 05 11:17 PM
The "Made My Eyes Pop" Auction of the Week Jason Quick Woodworking 1 May 25th 05 02:22 PM
Magic Eyes and Diplex Plates [email protected] UK diy 1 February 11th 05 12:08 PM
Smoke smell from A/C? Eyes burning. jan Home Repair 7 November 18th 03 03:04 AM