DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leaded solder (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/684565-leaded-solder.html)

Fredxx[_4_] January 27th 21 04:56 PM

Leaded solder

I see neither Screwfix and Toolstation stock the real stuff, only lead free.

Has there been some recent legislation I've missed or is it still
allowed on non-potable water systems?

John Rumm January 27th 21 07:02 PM

Leaded solder

On 27/01/2021 16:56, Fredxx wrote:
I see neither Screwfix and Toolstation stock the real stuff, only lead
free.

Has there been some recent legislation I've missed or is it still
allowed on non-potable water systems?

I expect there is not much demand for it, since for plumbing work the
lead free is easy enough to use and works well[1], and the call to make
wiped joints onto lead pipe is probably not great for many users!

[1] Different story for electronics repair.

--
Cheers,

John.