DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fixed it (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/682912-fixed.html)

ARW December 7th 20 06:25 PM

Fixed it

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg

Well the ground workers that ran it over did.

Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.

Council turned up today and removed it.

--
Adam

Andy Burns[_13_] December 7th 20 06:34 PM

Fixed it

!

Andrew[_22_] December 8th 20 02:28 PM

Fixed it

On 07/12/2020 18:25, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg

Well the ground workers that ran it over did.

Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.

Council turned up today and removed it.

Does it say "no parking here" ?. I can't read those signs.

A Grand Designs program filmed in Edinburgh over 10 years
ago, showed the self-build couple move the street lamp outside
their property about 2 or 3 metres so it wouldn't interfere
with a window?

Andrew[_22_] December 8th 20 02:29 PM

Fixed it

On 08/12/2020 03:41, williamwright wrote:
On 07/12/2020 18:25, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg

Well the ground workers that ran it over did.

Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.

Council turned up today and removed it.

Good DIY!

Bill

But the use of cable ties points the finger of blame at
Adam. Council might send him the bill.!!!

Andy Burns[_13_] December 8th 20 02:54 PM

Fixed it

No, neighbourhood snitch and probably dog****/smar****er/etc notices

https://goo.gl/maps/AKh2JDtHEDahEEqj9

Tim Lamb[_2_] December 8th 20 04:02 PM

Fixed it

In message , Andrew
writes
On 07/12/2020 18:25, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg
Well the ground workers that ran it over did.
Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.
Council turned up today and removed it.

Does it say "no parking here" ?. I can't read those signs.

A Grand Designs program filmed in Edinburgh over 10 years
ago, showed the self-build couple move the street lamp outside
their property about 2 or 3 metres so it wouldn't interfere
with a window?

I moved a street name sign so we could widen our drive. Church street is
about 2m longer than it should be.

--
Tim Lamb

ARW December 8th 20 05:57 PM

Fixed it

On 08/12/2020 14:54, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg

Well the ground workers that ran it over did.
Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.
Council turned up today and removed it.

Does it say "no parking here" ?. I can't read those signs.

No, neighbourhood snitch and probably dog****/smar****er/etc notices

https://goo.gl/maps/AKh2JDtHEDahEEqj9

And we will never know. The council removed the fuse and used an angle
grinder to cut it down to about 1m height.

And yes they put up a road closed sign and a sign that overhead works
were taking place before wrapping what was left in black and yellow tape.

--
Adam

ARW December 8th 20 06:02 PM

Fixed it

On 07/12/2020 18:25, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/4/48/Fixedit.jpg

Well the ground workers that ran it over did.

Straightened it up with a tow rope and added a splint.

Council turned up today and removed it.

Good DIY!

Is it though?

You can see how the bottom of the lamp post has split.

But pulling it back upright weakened the other side of the post. Now
what if the wind blew right to left?

--
Adam