DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what tools? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/68258-what-tools.html)

Antony September 7th 04 09:14 PM

what tools?

I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my
concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What
tools would the panel recommend?

tia

Antony

Colin Wilson September 7th 04 09:43 PM

I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my
concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What
tools would the panel recommend?

A sodding good vacuum cleaner :-}

Stephen Dawson September 8th 04 07:05 PM

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my
concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What
tools would the panel recommend?

A sodding good vacuum cleaner :-}

Because the easiest, secound to blasting, is to cut with a disc cutter and
then use a decent breaker, such as a Kango or Hilti TE905.

The other way to evacuate the dust would be to apply positive pressure to
the room and blow out the door using a sodding great big fan.

Good luck.

Steve Dawson

dg September 8th 04 09:47 PM

(Antony) wrote in message . com...
I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my
concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What
tools would the panel recommend?

tia

Antony

A Sthl saw with diamond blade and water cooling to minise the dust?

dg

Rick Dipper September 10th 04 04:44 PM

On 7 Sep 2004 13:14:51 -0700, (Antony) wrote:

I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my
concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What
tools would the panel recommend?

tia

Antony

I would take a trip the the hire chop (not HSS), descibe the problem,
and let them recommend.

Ask a million stupid questions before taking them away.

A saw and a breaker sound like what you need, and a hover. It may be
that one of thos saws they use to cut holes in the road will be good.
As they are self supporting and covered in guards it looks much saver
than a still saw.

Also think about how you are going to breath/see when working in
there.

Rick