Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default toggle switches

1. I only realised today that normal toggle switches that need a
nominally half-inch hole have (at least) two incompatible threads and
sizes of nut.

2. I have a panel that includes a toggle switch that controls the mains
supply to a row of sockets, to which are connected a desk PC and two
monitors. (Other peripherals (scanner, printers, etc) are on a different
circuit). This switch is only operated twice a day. It has to be
replaced quite often; maybe more often than once a year. The replacement
is always rated at 250V, 15A. The switches have been from RS and Rapid
(not all the same batch then). The mode of failure is mechanical: the
toggle springs back to the ON position when switched towards OFF.
Sometimes once the faulty switch has been removed it then works
perfectly! It's as if simply being fixed into the panel is stressing it
in some way. The switch body doesn't touch the panel. Other switches on
the panel never fail, including one that does exactly the same job but
supplies a different PC. I'm puzzled. Chance?

Bill

Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches? [email protected] UK diy 24 May 22nd 11 08:32 PM
Toggle switches JIMMIE Home Repair 28 May 19th 11 05:33 AM
Need Help Identifying Wall Toggle Switches frank1492 Home Repair 17 January 19th 11 11:48 PM
GFCI toggle switches? Doug[_9_] Home Repair 19 May 28th 09 05:57 AM
Where to find toggle catches for outdoor use [email protected] UK diy 3 May 10th 04 11:29 PM