DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing a two-sided shower frame (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/681752-replacing-two-sided-shower-frame.html)

John Smith[_21_] November 5th 20 12:13 PM

Replacing a two-sided shower frame

How easy is it to replace a two sided shower frame onto an existing
tray. The one there now is badly damaged at the base by limescale and
is beyond rescue. The tray looks OK.
I have measured the tray and it seems to be a standard rectangular size.

Any pitfalls, tips?

I know that silicone should only be put on the outside of most frames
where it meets the tray.

John Rumm November 6th 20 11:14 AM

On 05/11/2020 12:13, John Smith wrote:

How easy is it to replace a two sided shower frame onto an existing
tray. The one there now is badly damaged at the base by limescale and is
beyond rescue. The tray looks OK.
I have measured the tray and it seems to be a standard rectangular size.

Any pitfalls, tips?

I know that silicone should only be put on the outside of most frames
where it meets the tray.

Two sided (i.e. a corner enclosure I presume) should be relatively
straight forward. Take to door off, remove the screws from the sides
where it fixes to the wall, and slice through the silicone etc. The side
supports may have a bead of silicone behind them, which can make them
difficult to get off the wall.

--
Cheers,

John.