Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New bathroom sink tap in old bathroom

I need to replaceÂ*the hot tap in my bathroom sink.Â* The bathroom is ancient, 30+ years old, and will be replaced in the next year, so I just need something simple to keep it working until then.Â* I've not fitted a new tap before, but I've done some research and have a couple of questions:

1. Assuming that the old tap is a 1/2 inch tap, do I need to buy a 1/2 inch tap, or will a modern 15m tap be OK?Â*Â*
2. From looking round on the net, a sensible option seems to be to use a flexible hose.Â* Am I right to think I should buy a 1/2 fitting for the pipe end and, depending on the answer to Q1, a half inch or 15mm fitting for the other end?3. 3. Should I use a push or compression fitting (bearing in mind I haven't done this before)?

Thanks