Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default This guy is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

Thanks for that reply. Now I will watch the video

I just keep scammers on the line for as long as possible so they have
less time to try other (less vigilant) folks.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 10:02, williamwright wrote:
On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

It is if you have to install their malware before finding out who they are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 10:59:14 AM UTC, Andrew wrote:
[...]

Great Northern Ireland accent there
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 10:59:09, Andrew wrote:
[...]

I do exactly the same when I have the chance. I think the longest is 40
minutes. It was a while ago. I had prepared a Virtualbox instance of
Windows which was empty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

how condescending of you ...thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 18:15:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray
on the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that
drop you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam
access to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers
computers and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama
showing a take down of a big scam call centre.

how condescending of you ...thanks

If you actually gave a small description of what the video contained,
you might not feel patronised. This has been said before.

Many will not look at video without and supporting reason, as you have
discovered once again today.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

Thanks for that John. I never follow Jims links on principle as he never
provides adequate information.

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 18:15, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray
on the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that
drop you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam
access to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers
computers and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama
showing a take down of a big scam call centre.

how condescending of you ...thanks

Well since you can't be arsed to expend any effort explaining what links
you are posting and why, you ought not be too surprised that most of us
are inclined to devote similar amount of effort following them.

In this particular case however I recognised the channel name without
needing to follow the link, and thought it worth highlighting since the
channel in question contains lots good content, and figured many would
actually avoid looking because of how you were promoting it.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 18:48, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

Thanks for that John. I never follow Jims links on principle as he never
provides adequate information.

Yup, he seems to have mastered the "harry" style of content edification
- its like google page rank but with negative numbers!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes they work by assuming people on the other end do not realise that
connections work both ways, quite obviously.
I guess in the main they are dealing with users, not experts in IT, Not
everyone who is an expert would set up a sandboxed virtual machine and spend
a lot of time spooking the scammers though would they.

In a way its like the old medicine sellers who sold cures that never did
anything, is it?

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 19:06, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

nothing like a nice surprise is there ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 19:09, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 18:48, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray on
the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get that drop
you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and scam access
to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers computers
and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama showing a take
down of a big scam call centre.

Thanks for that John.Â* I never follow Jims links on principle as he
never
provides adequate information.

Yup, he seems to have mastered the "harry" style of content edification
- its like google page rank but with negative numbers!

no idea what you are on about
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/10/2020 17:52:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't whinge about anyone being
condescending to you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:02:13 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill

It's a pity the guy didn't tell us how to see someone else's screen
without their permission like he can. Then we could all contribute to
his work.
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill

It's a pity the guy didn't tell us how to see someone else's screen
without their permission like he can. Then we could all contribute to
his work.

He has shown a technique for scammers using Teamviewer, where he is able
to take advantage of the fact that TV have added a popup warning to any
session where the host is in India. That has lead to many scammers
initiating the connection in reverse (i.e. giving control of their
computers to the mark), and then coaching the mark through switching the
direction of control. In some videos he has been a little "slow on the
uptake" following their instructions while using the opportunity to
acquire lots of useful stuff from the scammers computers and networks.

However I would not be surprised if some of the remote control tool
vendors have also furnished him with special versions for anti fraud use.

In any case it seems unlikely he is going to include anything in the
videos that might give the crooks any clues.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2020 10:02, williamwright wrote:
On 26/10/2020 09:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drm...el=JimBrowning

Frightening!

Bill

what about these chinese phone calls, speaking in chinese to us poor non
chinese speakers, what are they after?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/10/2020 17:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Like getting your PC infected with a virus from one of your
untitled links ?