DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flymo Leaf blower slider stuck/stickly (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/680992-flymo-leaf-blower-slider-stuck-stickly.html)

AnthonyL October 16th 20 06:20 PM

Flymo Leaf blower slider stuck/stickly

My elderly (well older than me anyway) neighbour has a Flymo Scirocco
Leaf Blower (2500w) which probably never has had a clean despite
regular autumn use.

He said it wasn't working and he was going to check the fuse (his
standard repair to all electrical items) but I offered to look at it
first as I suspected that it had probably just cut out.

It fires up fine but the slider for suck/blow is a bit of a sod to
move. I've opened up the motor housing and there is general lots of
crud inside and I thought if I could separate the barrel I could give
the slider a good clean and maybe a light smoothing over with emery
cloth but I can't get to it.

I've got a jar of screws I've manage to remove but I think the motor
housing hinge is the one that is stopping me.

Any tips as to how to free the slider up?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

AnthonyL October 19th 20 12:24 PM

Flymo Leaf blower slider stuck/stickly

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 17:20:38 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

I've got a jar of screws I've manage to remove but I think the motor
housing hinge is the one that is stopping me.

Any tips as to how to free the slider up?

Well I failed to get the nozzle apart so copious water, manual sliding
and then silicone spray seems to have helped in the absence of any
advice from here.

An easier question, there is a rubber bung on the nozzle. What's that
for?

newshound October 19th 20 02:22 PM

wrote:

I've got a jar of screws I've manage to remove but I think the motor
housing hinge is the one that is stopping me.

Any tips as to how to free the slider up?

Well I failed to get the nozzle apart so copious water, manual sliding
and then silicone spray seems to have helped in the absence of any
advice from here.

An easier question, there is a rubber bung on the nozzle. What's that
for?

I was going to suggest silicone spray. (Only just got back from holiday).